7

I rolled my eyes open, wincing at the bright lights blinding me. My eyes finally adjusted to Mona sitting over me on the ground, a wide eyed Riley watching not far away. I gave her a weak smile, touching at the slash marked down my chest gingerly.

"Artemis, what the hell happened? Mona won't tell me anything. Wait, should I get Jaxon?" I shut up, my eyes widening as I shook my head frantically and tried to get over the pain hitting me.

"No! Please, it was just a small Rogue." His eyes widened as he looked to Mona before back to me frantically.

"What? What's a Rogue? Haha," he laughed awkwardly, his eyes frantically moving around. I groaned as I rolled my eyes, finally noticing the Lemon Balm and Feverfew laying on the ground next to me.

I lifts them up onto the cabinet before enchanting knifes to begin cutting them finely, mixing them with a few others into a paste. I looked back over to Rileys wide eyes, which were plastered on me and Mona on the ground before feverishly flickering over to the paste being made at the counter.

"I'm a fucking witch, I know what wolves are, shut up and for the love of the Goddess hand me the paste please." I groaned as the pain attacked my senses, the sound of Rileys clamoring footsteps sounded.

I heard the bowl being thrust onto the ground next to me, my hands dipping into the green paste and slathering my entire abdomen with it as Riley adverted his eyes. I sighed as coolness began to spread over the heat on my skin, the cuts immediately beginning to heal right before my eyes.

While I had human healing, when I used the salve, I healed faster than a wolf. I watched the skin stitch itself together, leaving behind the faint lines of scars and purple and green bruises. I sighed in relief, using my powers to lift the bowl back onto the kitchen island.

"You need to go tell your Alpha I need to speak with him. I can't go in the pack house without running into Jaxon, or letting him smell me." Riley suddenly gasped, both my own and Mona's eyes spinning to him.

"The bond! He would've felt your pain!" I scrunched my face as I sat up, my bones groaning in protest.

"He would've been here by now, so somehow he didn't." I muttered as I pushed myself up even more, Mona coming up to help me over to my couch.

"Have you touched him yet?" I shook my head hesitantly, eyeing the knowing looks passed between Mona and Riley. "What is it?"

"That's why he didn't, since he had rejected the bond and you haven't even made contact yet, the bond isn't fully there." Riley spoke as I bit my lip, pushing my hair up and tying it with a ribbon.

"That's not happening." I muttered under my breath, Rileys eyebrows furrowing in confusion towards me.

"Why not?"

I took a deep breath, shutting my eyes silently as I tried to figure out how to tell him so he doesn't freak out. "The first time I touch anyone, I see their deaths. I've seen far too many pack members deaths for comfort."

"Even mine?" I rolled my lip silently before nodding, adverting my eyes from both him and Mona's.

"I've seen both of yours, including the Alphas. I'll do what I can to stop unwanted deaths to members of the pack, but The Fates always takes something. If it's victim is saved, The Fates chose someone else." I floated a book out of my bookshelf, opening it and fluttering the pages right in front of Riley and Mona.

A photo of The Fates graced a page, their hooded and eyeless figures looking out of the book "The Moirae were the three goddesses of fate who personified the inescapable destiny of man. They assigned to every person his or her fate or share in the scheme of things. "