12

A/N: I'm half asleep while writing this, so sorry if it isn't up to par as everyone else.

***

I glanced over myself in the mirror, my hair tumbling around me as I tried to smooth it down. I bit my lip again, my freckles peaking out against my cheeks. I sighed before turning around and walking away from the mirror, opening Jaxon's bedroom door and walking into the hallway.

As I walked down the steps, I eyes Mona and Riley standing next to Jaxon and what I presume was their parents. They all were dressed up in their Sunday best, slacks and dress pants for the guys and dresses and skirts for the girls. I suddenly felt self conscious in my plain lace black dress, trying to conceal as many of my runes as possible.

My eyes met Jaxon's, his eyes wide and jaw agape. I smiled at how stunned he was, watching a huge goofy grin spread across his face. I crossed the threshold to stand before him, looking up to meet his eyes as he towered over me.

That tall fucker.

"You look, goddess you look amazing." I grinned and placed a kiss right on the corner of his lips, blood and heat spreading across my cheeks.

I nodded to the Alpha, watching his son and I with a similar goofy smile. "Come, both of you."

We followed behind him and the Beta and Delta family, Jaxon's Delta trailing behind. I hadn't met him yet, he had been in one of the surrounding packs helping with a recent attack from Hunters and Rogues. His name was Chase, and had dark auburn hair and freckles adorning his face.

I stood outside the door, watching as Jaxon's father, Jesse, opened the door and all of us filed out. He placed his hand on my shoulder, halting me momentarily. I looked up to him with wide eyes, his own worn face looking back down at me.

"Thank you." I furrowed my eyebrows, cocking my head slightly.

"What for?"

"Making Jaxon alive again. After his mother, he just kinda stopped fully living. He'd go girl after girl, not putting emotion into anything at all. The first day you came here, even with him rejecting you, you put his ass into place. He came home, and actually smiled for the first time in years."

I looked down at my hands as heat creeped across my face, a small smile playing on my lips. "You shouldn't thank me for that, as long as he's happy you know?"

He chuckled as he shook his head, patting my shoulder gently before exiting out the balcony. I walked out not long after him, my eyes finding their way to Jaxon's grey ones. He cocked an eyebrow, looking over to his father pointedly.

I walked up closer to him so al other wolves around us doesn't hear, leaning in a bit to warm up my body from the oncoming fall. "He just wanted to thank me."

His eyebrows shot up even more, glancing over to his father before settling back on me. "What for?"

"I'll tell you later, when's the ceremony?" Almost as soon as I spoke his father walked up the steps to the podium, his smile wide and warm as he looked out onto his pack.

Jaxon's pack wasn't a big pack, it was actually pretty small, but it was one of the strongest in the country. They were known for their warriors and fighters, especially known for how savage they were. If I had to chose between them and Rogues, I'd go with the Rogues any day.

"Hello everyone! Today I am here on such a wonderful occasion, my son and your future Alpha has found his mate!" He was met with cheers from the crowd numbering close to fifty wolves, my eyes scanning across the curious faces.