5

I wish I had my cell phone on me to take a photo of her face when I told her. Complete shock, wide eyes and open mouth, and it was completely hilarious.

Although she didn't really think so.

I laughed while she growled at me, one hand covering my mouth while the other was wrapped around my abdomen. I pretty much collapsed on the ground and leaned against the tree behind me, tears streaming down my face. I finally calmed down and looked at her, watching as she sighed and sat down before me.

"So you're a witch." I nodded. "Polar names Lily?"

I nodded again, watching her face as she searched for some type of recognition on my last name. I grinned when her eyes widened to huge saucers, her face flashing up to mine.

"That Lily family?" I nodded again, grinning when her mouth gaped open like a fish. "Why, why are you afraid of touching people?"

I sighed, leaning my head back onto the bark behind me. "I see how people die when I touch them the first time."

I heard her gasp as her hand flew up to her mouth, her eyebrows furrowing as she stared at me. "So that means-"

"I've seen how you, Riley, and the Alpha dies; so far."

"That's why you refused to touch Jaxon." I nodded again, something I was doing quite often these days.

"I'm not real fond to see my mate die in my head." She nodded, her eyes scrunched as she looked over my body.

"You don't look like a witch." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms at the hem of my shirt, pulling it up and leaving me in my bra. She sucked in a breath, seeing all the runes and all the scars that marked my body.

It wasn't attractive, especially my scars. I had gotten them from training, and since I was a strong witch they had sent me to the council to train. I trailed my fingers along the last scar I had received, one that stretched from my belly button to my left hip. It was still puckered and a bit sensitive, the skin incredibly thin and stretched across my muscles below me.

"Now do I?" She nodded frantically, looking a bit closer to my body. "I talk to the Moon Goddess, that's why I'm so much more covered in runes and scars. The council trained me, and they weren't kind."

She growled, my eyebrows shooting up at her red face. "Sorry, it's just since you're my Luna, my wolf got a bit protective."

I smiled appreciatively to her, pulling my shirt back on. "It's okay, thank you though. Are you guys still coming over tomorrow morning?"

She nodded, her eyes furrowing before flashing open wide. "Wait! You're not human! Jaxon can accept you as his mate!"

I rolled my eyes before sighing and slumping back into myself, running my hands through my hair. "I want him to love me for me, not just because I'm not a human. Besides, it's pathetic that he doesn't accept me simply because I'm a human."

She nodded, gritting her teeth. "It just pisses us off, all of us off. Almost everyone's pretty much figured out you're something to him, although Kendra isn't too happy."

"Who the fuck is Kendra?" She growled lowly again, her jaw clenching before me.

"Slut, pisshead, all around bitch. She's after power and Jaxon, she's what keeps his bed warm." I rubbed my chest as pain expanded deep within it, my eyes shutting as Mona sighed. "Sorry, but it's true. She's been away because she has family in New York, but she'll be back Monday. Just a warning, she's gorgeous."

"Great, fucking great." I stood up abruptly from the tree, my hands running through my hair. "I don't want this fucking bond! It makes me love him already and it pisses me off! All I want to do is fuck him and love him and meet his family and meet the pack and have them like me and-"