17

I didn't mean for everything to end in flames. I didn't mean for the pack house to get burnt down, and I certainly never meant to break Jaxon completely. But I did, and I don't regret anything.

-

The sun woke me up this morning, blinding and making me realize that I was practically on top of Jaxon. Naked.

While he was naked.

While I've had sex with him, and both of us knew our horrible back ground history, it still felt weird to wake up practically right over his groin. Not that he minded, I'm sure.

The next thing I realized, was the sounds of screams. My eyes shut momentarily just as a shrill shout pierced the air and forced my eyes to slam open, scrambling off of Jaxon and waking him in the process.

"Art?" Right as he asked me his eyes glazed over and he shot out even faster than me, not even bothering to put clothes on as he raced out of the home and shifted midair.

Unfortunately, I didn't have the same luxury. I couldn't walk around naked and randomly shift into a big dog whenever I wanted.

I forced myself to throw on clothes as fast as I could before scrambling downstairs with my bow and arrow drawn. I saw wolves everywhere, surrounding us and fighting in both human and wolf form. I could smell the rotting flesh that gave the Rogues away even with my normal sense of smell, and tried to figure out why the hell they didn't alert us first.

I grit my teeth and skirted around the fighting forms, raising my bow to the hidden forms of Hunters in trees. I shot out two arrows, watching the silent dead bodies fall onto the dirt below. I needed to find Ares and send him back to where he belongs, holding up the sky. It was his punishment, and he should carry it.

I grit my teeth as I finally reached the center of the battle, my eyes narrowing on a huge black wolf throwing Rogue after Rogue from his path. I smiled before smelling the wind, looking up to the cliff over head watching the entire scene play out.

I killed the Hunters that crossed me, slitting their throats and impaling arrows into the chests of those I couldn't swipe with my knife. I climbed up the stony path, blood trickling from my palms as I finally stood up fully and looked at him, his dark eyes smirking as he stared at my dirty and bloody body.

"Ares, you need to leave. You're causing all of this, for what? Your sick and twisted games you like to play." He just smirked, his eyes wandering over the field before him.

"You can't do anything. You're just a little witch who has some blood running through her that makes her a bit more powerful." He turned to fully look at me, his black eyes boring into me. I wanted to cower away from him and stab him repeatedly, all at the same time. "You can't force me back into my place, the only one that can is Zeus, and he doesn't give a shit. None of the Gods do."

He was completely correct, none of the Gods do. They never did, they didn't care about the earth or their children, they only cared about the people they wanted to have sex with and themselves. They didn't even care for me, and. I was practically their child that lived with them for hundreds of years.

As he spoke thunder rolled, and wind blew worse than I had felt in years. It whipped around us as lightening flashed above us, and I grinned at him. I watched the blood slowly drain from his face while I raised my palms and flashed lightening directly in the middle, raising it high above my head.

"I will take you back where you belong." I growled as I blew my lightening directly at him, watching it erupt across his body. The clouds moved and parted high above us while thunder and lightening clashed.