A Night Out

San Francisco.

My beloved city.

The city in which I grew up and the city that has tons of nightclubs with bad security.

Me, Jasmine, Alice, Patty and Jocelyn made our way into our favorite nightclub, 'Origin'.
I can't help laughing when I think of us. The 5 17 year olds dressed into tight dresses heading towards one of the best clubs in town.
It's Friday night and there was no way I'd stay at home. You can think I'm wild or something, but really I'm not. We all just finished high school with perfect grades and we're simply celebrating.
High school, the years of misery. Adults often say that you'll miss high school when you're older, but no way in hell I'd miss waking up at 6 and sitting behind a desk for 8 hours, 5 days a week.
I promised myself not to get too drunk tonight because I have an interview tomorrow morning at my dream University. I already applied and I guess they just want to see if I'll be worth it. It's the Creative Writing University of San Francisco. It's so hard to get in there it's almost impossible.
Getting in there is my only goal right now.
Writing- oh god how I love books, literature and writing...

"Olivia, take out your ID." Jocelyn whispered to me and I noticed I was standing in front of a security guy. Even though my fake ID works every time, I still get palms sweating nervous when they check it.
I quickly took out the ID that says I became 21 a month ago. I gave a nervous smile as he took it.
The guy looked at it, them looked at me, then looked at it, and back at me. He was probably looking at my features. I thought of my long, dirty blond hair that were down and straightened. I bit my lip as I knew they weren't going to be straight for more than 2 hours. They always go back to wavy no matter how much hairspray I use.
The guy handed the ID back.
"Enjoy." He said coldly and moved aside. The girls were already waiting inside and we all started giggling and smiling as we walked inside the club, the loud music consuming my worries away.

We all started squealing as our favorite song came on. We quickly drank our 5th shots and quickly rushed towards the dance floor.

"Got me running other places in my mind, in my mind, how could you even say I never tried, never tried, and you're acting like I been around with every single guy, got me running other places in my mind, in my mind!" We all sang wildly as we jumped and danced around. Some guys tried to dance with us but we quickly closed our circle and laughed it off.
This is what I love: me and my girls just having fun on a Friday night.
I remembered how it all started one year ago.
One day at school, I was running towards class because I was late and when I reached the corridor, I bumped into someone making them fell down the stairs. Painfully.
She tumbled down 2 floors and landed with her face on the hard ground.
I quickly rushed towards the unconscious looking girl and I already saw all the painful ways her parents were going to kill me.
"Oh my god! Are you okay?!" I shouted as I knelt down before her. I thanked god as I didn't see any blood.
As I looked up, I saw 3 girls standing with their mouths open.
"Jocelyn? Are you okay?" One of the girls asked as she knelt before the girl. The other girls knelt down too and suddenly the girl lifted herself up. She looked at me and instead of being angry, hurt or sad, she laughed. She laughed historically.
"That was awesome!" The girl said and I wondered if she didn't hit her head too hard.
Soon the other three girls that seemed to know her started laughing too and no matter how nervous I felt, I bursted out into laughter too. The three girls were Alice, Jasmine and Patty and it was Jocelyn who I pushed mercilessly down the stairs.
After that, we started hanging out and here we are now, one year later.
I was quite a loner before I met the girls. And if I'm alone for too long I get seriously depressed. Even now, I try my best to keep my arms clean from cuts and I have to remember to eat regularly.
I always feel like there's this sadness inside me, and sometimes it gets out through cuts and bruises or tears. But if I ever feel it happening, I always call one of the girls, no matter when or where, they'd always pick up and be there for me. That's why I love them so much.