Lies, lies, lies

Previously on Dust and Shadows...

"My parents would never allow marriage for love but I believe I will make you happy. Please, I don't want to end up married to some unworthy drunk."You gotta be shitting me. What about what I want? My happiness? Does that not matter to anyone?

I looked at her and looked away. I knew I didn't want to marry her at all even though she was wonderful. I will never love her. And who am I kidding? Even if I tried my fucking best, I won't be able to annul the engagement. It's me against my parents.

Suddenly mother stood up and the room quieted down. "Ladies and gentlemen, to make this evening even more wonderful, we'd like to announce some wonderful news concerning my dear son..." This can't be happening...

||Julia's POV||

Within a few minutes, Taylor killed all the vampires. He swung his knives perfectly, swiftly and right into their hearts. I couldn't help but stare at how professional he looked while I didn't have to do anything. Some vampires wanted to take on me instead of Taylor, but he quickly took care of it too.

"You okay?" He asked me as he rested is knives, perfectly calm. I nodded my head and kept looking at him in awe, he noticed it and came towards me. "You know, I wasn't lying when I said I enjoyed your company, and was looking forward to get to know you more."  He said as he was getting closer. "But you still lied." I said sadly as I looked down and he tilted my chin up to look at him. "I'm sorry." He said sincerely and I nodded my head but we both snapped as we heard some branches snap on the side. "There goes the remaining 5. They're yours." Taylor said calmly and I looked at him frightened.  "No Taylor I can't, there are too many." I said slightly panicked as I looked into his eyes. Suddenly he kissed me. Hungrily and fast. I pushed him away and looked at him surprised. "Good luck, cupcake. You can do this." He said in a playful voice and then he was off. HE FUCKING LEFT ME. "Taylor! Taylor you said you'd make sure I was okay! You filthy liar!" I shouted as I got in my position, almost shaking. How could I let him fool me twice? God I hate him! I looked around, petrified and disoriented. How am I supposed to kill 5 vampires at once when I can't even kill one?

Then, I saw it. One of the 5 monstrous creatures staring at me, with red glowing eyes and its mouth open, showing abnormally sharp teeth. I stood there paralyzed, not knowing when its gonna come at me. And then it did. Running as fast as it could, goosebumps rising on my skin and I swung my sword right into its heart when it was about to jump on me. The glow in its eyes darkened, and the creature turned to dust. But then the remaining 4 showed themselves, surrounding me, and I knew. This was the end. I had nowhere to run and I was scared to death. But I wasn't going to give up without a fight. When they came at me, I killed one immediately but got pushed to the ground by the second one. I drove my sword through its heart too and quickly got to my feet. Then the last one I saw came at me and I drove my sword through its heart too. Hold on... one, two, three, four. Where's the fifth one- I dropped to the ground as something jumped at me from behind, my sword landing far from me. Suddenly I felt as its nail deeply scratched my arm and I groaned as blood started to drip. I hit its face with my elbow, right in the nose, causing it to stumble back. I got on my feet and run towards my sword which I picked up and drove it through its heart, right on time. I exhaled a deep breath and dropped to the floor, panting. Then I heard someone clapping. I looked up to see Taylor clapping his hands slowly, before standing in front of me. "Well, that was quite a show. Too bad it took you so long." He said calmly and sarcastically and I ignored the pain in my arm and quickly got to my feet, ready to rip his head off. But as I stood up I felt everything spin, and I knew it. We were being portaled back.

...

We were back in the same room we were in the beginning. "Big applause for our winner, Mr Matthews!" I heard Catherine's fake voice say loudly and the room began cheering. I bet my hair were messy and my dress dirty, but I didn't care anymore. I saw Kayden, standing still, looking at me. I quickly run into his arms and kissed him. I nearly died there and I wasn't going to miss the chance to kiss him. But, he didn't kiss me back. He stiffened and gently pushed me away. I looked at him confused and felt everyone's eyes on me. Suddenly that blonde bimbo he danced with earlier stood next to him before hooking her arm with his, and what's worse, he didn't push her away. He? And her? What the fuck? I couldn't stand how everyone was looking at me. Kayden cleared his voice. "Julia, meet Samantha, my fiancée." No. No... He, no. Tears gathered in my eyes and I couldn't believe he would betray me like that. He kissed me, never even told me about her... How could he? How could he be such a lair, a cheater? I wanted to slap him across his face, nice and hard, but I just simply nodded my head and got the hell out of there. I've never felt so humiliated.

As I rushed towards my room, which was quite far away, I heard someone walk behind me. I imagined it would be him, telling me it's not real... But when I heard him call my name, I realized it wasn't Kayden. I turned around and saw Taylor rushing towards me. "Get the fuck away from me, Taylor. You're just as bad as him!" before I could walk away he grabbed my forearm and spun be back to him. "Ouch, Julia. But seriously, are you comparing me to a guy which humiliated you in front of everybody, telling you to piss off because he has a fiancé? No, I looked after you even when you thought you were on your own. I made sure you were safe and maybe I lied to you back there, but do not compare me to him. Because I'd never do that to a woman. Especially you." He said sincerely and a tear escaped my eye. I wasn't angry at Taylor, I was furious at Kayden, hurt and humiliated. "What do you want, Taylor?" I asked quietly. "You're hurt. Let me help you take care of that, and I'd like to tell you something."

"Ouch, it hurts!" I said as Taylor tightly wrapped a bandage around my arm and tied it up. "And... done. See, it wasn't that bad." He said as he threw away the blooded cotton pads and put away the alcohol before sitting next to me. "What is it you wanted to tell me?" I asked as I looked at him. He gave me his full attention. "I'm being transferred here tomorrow. But... so is Samantha, Kayden's...you know." I widened my eyes. "What? Why?" I asked, surprised and hurt even more, having to see her everyday. "Your Shelter didn't have enough Fighters lately, and my Shelter was full. But as for Samantha, she, being Kayden's fiancee, had to move here so they can spend more time together, you know..." I stood up and walked towards my wardrobe. I took out my pyjamas and put them on the cupboard in the bathroom. I walked back to Taylor. "Look, I'm gonna take a shower. I'm still mad at you but thank you, for looking after me and being honest..." Suddenly Taylor stood up and walked to me and grabbed my hand. "Julia, if you need anything, and I mean anything. I'm always here for you. Again, I'm sorry about earlier but I hope we can look past it. So... I'll see you around?" He asked with a small smile. I nodded my head. "I'll see you around." He stood there, looking deeply into my eyes and I felt his warmth warming my cold hand up. I never noticed how close we stood next to each other when someone knocked on the doors and immediately opened them after.

I looked at Kayden whose eyes wondered from me to Taylor to our hands. I'll never forget the disappointed look on his face. I wanted to say something, but no words came out. He looked truly hurt, even though he had no right to. I didn't have to explain myself to him, even though I wanted to. He clearly never cared to give an explanation so why should I? None of us said anything and it felt like forever before Kayden slowly exited the room. I looked at Taylor whose expression was unreadable. Soon he found my eyes and he must've saw the hurt, confusion and tiredness in them.

A/N**********************

Hello pumpkins!

Please remember to VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE!

Anyway, Shawn Mendes is so good, I nearly died when he released 'Don't be a fool' for MTV Unplugged. God, I'd be such a fool for him *wink wink*

Lots of love,  Sb12