Bad Intentions

The evening was close.

Everyone was more than excited for the party in 1 hour. Well, everyone except me, of course. I mean, I would love to go, get out of this building, breathe some fresh air, but I wasn't invited. So I guess I'll spend the evening with Netflix and popcorn. I got up and walked downstairs to get some popcorn, in my pj's. As I walked past one of the dining halls, I saw Kayden talking with some people, before locking his eyes with mines. He frowned and I kept walking towards one of the kitchens.

As I walked inside the empty kitchen, I opened one of the cupboards and looked for popcorn. I jumped when someone slammed the doors shut. 'Jesus, Kayden!' I said still shaking as I closed the cupboard and looked at Kayden in a very sexy, white shirt and neatly styled hair back. 'Aren't you getting ready?' he asked confused, studying my face carefully.

"I don't think I should go..." I said shyly, looking down. He took a few steps towards me, but kept his distance. "And why's that?" He asked staring at me. "Basically I wasn't invited, and everyone here avoids me as if I somehow intimidate them, I have literally no friends, people see me as a lost puppy, even your own mother pities me and I haven't got a present for you because I'm not allowed to leave this goddamn place!" I said as my eyes were teary and Kayden came really closer. He took a deep breath and I looked into his eyes. "Don't look at me like that." he frowned, "Like what?" I rolled my eyes. "Like you pity me." he started to chuckle. What's so funny? "I'm sorry, but I definitely don't pity you. I just think you're cute, even when you're angry or when you cry. My mother doesn't pity you either, she's just trying to seem nice before she'll try to crush you, and no one here is intimidated by you, they just don't know what to say. You were always the social one, the bitchy, mean one who wore confident clothes, they don't understand what happened to you. Now..." he said cupping my cheek, sending sparks all other my body, "It's my birthday, baby girl. I despise it, but I gotta get through it. And if I can go through it, I'm pretty sure you can too. So go get ready because we're going in an hour. And don't worry about the present, unless you wanna go back to those comfortable clothes..." I immediately blushed and looked down. Why does he despise his own birthday? It doesn't matter for now, I only have an hour to get ready!

 Why does he despise his own birthday? It doesn't matter for now, I only have an hour to get ready!