A Royal Invitation

||Julia's POV||

A day went by and the Anderson family was leaving in the morning, tomorrow. Somehow, I couldn't wait for them to leave. They were all bossy and Mrs Smith just nods her head at everything they say. But still, I misjudged them. Maybe they didn't care about the love or happiness of Kayden, but they did care about him and his well-being, in their own wicked way. They want him to be the best, which he already is, and they want him to have an heir. Kayden is only 23, surely he has time for that. They just want to make sure he has someone to pass his greatness and fortune to.

I kept thinking about Kayden, the way his big hands run through his warm brown hair. The way his stormy grey eyes bore into mine, deep into my soul. His lips, so soft and full. I kept thinking about our kiss two nights ago, it wasn't because of love but somehow I like that I know he wants me.

I returned from training, all sweaty and tired from pushing my body to my limits. I entered my room like I always do, I noticed it was quite messy but... I can do better. I also noticed an envelope on my neatly done bed. It had a nice red ribbon around it, very formal and classy. Hm, I wonder who it might be from... I opened the envelope and took out a slightly red card. On the front, it had a small rose inside an empty square. Of course, it was Kayden's tattoo and their family symbol. I unfolded it and there, neatly written in italics was:

You have been invited to a formal dinner

This evening

8 o'clock, Dining hall 1

Mr & Mrs Anderson

What is this? Some royal invitation? ...Dining hall 1? That's off limits. It's only used for the most important- oh, nevermind. It was nearly 5pm and I already didn't want to go. Alone.

I took a shower and put on some comfortable clothes before heading down the corridor and turning right. I knocked on the doors and soon Kayden came to sight, his hair messy. "Hi." I said and he greeted me back, a little confused. "Please tell you got it too." I said looking nervously into his eyes and he nodded. "8 o'clock. What are we British?"He joked and I exhaled deeply. "How can you joke about this? It's your parents for god's sake! They're like... royalty!" I said trying to understand why he wasn't nervous at all about it. "For a moment I thought you were gonna say assholes." He chuckled and I pushed past him inside, making sure to hit his shoulder in the process. "I'm serious, Kayden." I said turning towards him. "What are you worried about? They won't bite, unless you let them." That's enough. I simply looked at him like 'really?' and marched towards the doors. I wasn't going to talk to him if he couldn't be serious for a moment. Before I reached the doors he grabbed my forearm and spun me around, stopping me from going. "Okay, I'm sorry. But seriously, what are you worried about except my mother's judgemental look?" He asked finally serious, his hand still on my forearm. "I don't understand why I am invited in the first place, and-and what am I supposed to wear?" I asked realizing I had nothing to wear for this occasion. Suddenly he used his position to pull me closer. "You'll look beautiful no matter what you wear, sweetheart." He said and I looked at the floor. "Would you like to go together?" Oh phew! I thought he was never going to ask. 

I spent an hour, looking through my old and new wardrobes. Sadly, I didn't didn't find anything in my new wardrobe so I looked through the clothes I owned a year ago. And bingo.

The time went awfully fast and I had to get ready. I hoped that the dress will fit since I was barely 17 when I've bought it but I don't think I grew that much. I did my makeup, not too much with a matte lipstick that matched my dress. I curled my hair so that they'd be naturally looking wavy and put my dress on along with black heels.