Jasmine

I woke up the next morning to my phone ringing. It was an unknown number. I answered it.
"Hello?" I said and heard a girl's silent sobs. I quickly shot up in bed and listened.
"Hello?!" I asked again and the sobs stopped.
"Olivia?" My heart stopped as I heard my best friend's voice.
"Jasmine? Where are you? Are you okay?" I asked slightly panicked.
"Olivia, you have to help me. They... they took me. I-I'm scared. Please come get me. Please." Her shaky voice said. 
"Jasmine where are you?" I asked desperately.
"I-I don't know. I think i-it's the basement of the old cinema, you know- the one near the Arts Theater but I'm not sure-"
"Jasmine who took you? Did you call the police?"
"No, no, no. Don't call the police. You have to come here alone. Please, Olivia, don't tell anyone."
"Jasmine, who took you-" she hung up. I whispered a few swear words and got quickly out of bed.
I quickly got ready and headed outside but when I opened the doors to the bedroom I almost bumped into Kayden who was about to knock.
Shit.
"Going somewhere?" He asked, confused.
"Actually, yeah. I just... wanted to run a few errands." I made up and he chuckled.
"Yeah, you've never been good at lying." He stated and I sighed.
"Look, I'll explain later, I need to go now." I said and tried to move past him but that only resulted in me being closer to him because he wasn't going to move.
"Do you have any idea how dangerous it is for you to be outside the Shelter right now? Where were you planning to go anyway?"
"I don't care, Kayden! My best friend's in danger! Let me through!"
He frowned and looked me in the eyes.
"Explain." He said simply and I took a deep breath.

"It's bullshit, Olivia." He said after I explained everything to him.
"What do you mean it's bullshit?" I asked angrily.
"The old cinema near the Arts Theater is one of the biggest vampires' hiding places. No way a human would survive being anywhere near it. It's a trap. They know we have you."
"You're bluffing." I said and he shook his head.
"I swear I'm not. Your "friend" is a vampire, probably just like your fake parents." It kinda made sense. But that didn't help the worry that grew inside me.
"But I'm still worried..." I said feeling helpless and used.
"Look, we can send some people to check out the place but I'm pretty sure it's a trap."
I gave him a small smile.
"Thank you." I said and he nodded before walking out.
Then he leaned back in.
"Oh, I nearly forgot, we have training at 8."
"In the evening? Isn't that a little late?"
"The Shelter never sleeps." He winked and left.

I kept worrying about Jasmine.
What if she really needs help?
No. I can't stand the waiting. My best friend is in danger and I need to help her.
I rushed towards the exit, making sure I didn't bump into Kayden. When I finally reached the exit, I quickly ran outside.

I grabbed a cab and told the driver to drop me off by the Theater and I'll walk from there.
I was nervous. I didn't know what to expect but I knew I had to help her. I will not leave my best friend like that.

||Kayden's POV||
I walked back to Julia- Olivia's room to take her to eat but I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw the door slightly ajar. I carefully opened the door and cursed when I saw the room empty. She's gone.

||Olivia's POV||
I looked at the deserted alley in front of me. I was two streets away from the abandoned cinema.
I was scared and unsure but I remembered Jasmine's frightened voice and I had to help her. I started walking.
I heard some laughter from an alley to my left and stopped dead in my tracks.
When I looked back in front of me, I jumped back and covered my mouth to stop screaming.
Then, I took a deep breath and chuckled nervously at myself who just got scared by a cat.
I looked at the pitch black cat with glowing yellow eyes in front of me. I knelt down and the cat came closer.
"Hey, little one..." I said petting him on the head as he purred. I smiled and stood up.
I took a deep breath to calm my nerves and continued walking.

The abandoned cinema was very creepy.
Broken windows, paint coming off the walls and it gave off a scary vibe.
I hid behind an alley and took out my phone as it started vibrating.
Kayden was calling me. I declined and put it away.
I looked around if anyone was there but the streets were deserted. I walked quickly towards the main doors of the big building but stopped dead in my tracks when I heard someone behind me. I turned around.
"Jasmine?" I asked as I looked at the person in front of me, about twenty steps ahead.
She looked... fine. She watched me carefully with pitiful eyes. I felt relived to see her and started walking towards her even thought something felt off.
I stopped when I saw her eyes. Her bright, red eyes. The same color the men had the night the Fighters found me.
"No.." I whispered under my breath as my eyes filled tears.
"Oh Julia, Julia, Julia..." she said in a sinister voice and I took a step back.
Kayden was right...
"You sweet, naive girl...I know you don't remember anything so I'll tell you. You and your lover boy got caught right into our trap last year. But you both fought fiercely. The two best fighters in the state!" She chuckled and I felt more hurt with every word.
"You killed him!" She said crying with her voice filled with rage.
What the hell is she on about?'
"My sweet Drake. You killed him!" She shouted.
"I had to pretend to be your best friend for a whole year just for this moment!" She said before she starts marching my way and a shiver went down my spine. I automatically took a step back as I looked at my former best friend walking towards me, ready to rip me limb to limb. Before I could another step back, I fell onto the ground (how classic) and look at her with frightened eyes.
She looked at me even angrier.
"Stand up." She hissed and I felt confused.
"Stand up and fight you coward!" I shivered at her angry voice and quickly raised to my legs. She broke something and suddenly threw me a 25 inches wooden stick. I looked at her confused.
"Let's see how the legendary Julia Martin can fight." She said before picking up her own stick and trying to hit me with it. I got ready for the hit but it never came. I opened my eyes and saw that I stopped it with my own stick.
"That's the spirit!" She shouted enthusiastically and took a step back.
I was still confused as to how I even did it I didn't see her striking her hit again on my waist and fell to the floor, feeling a lot of pain.
"Get. Up!" She shouted again and I didn't recognize her anymore.
I stood up ignoring the pain and took my position.
She hit again and I dodged it, then again and I blocked it. Where did I even learn this?!
But she was quicker. Another hit to the shoulder. Then another to my knee and I fell down. I groaned in pain and she threw away her stick and knelt down next to me. I started crying, I was done.
"You're such a fucking crybaby, Julia. I should just end you now since you're so pathetic." The last thing I saw before I closed my eyes were her sharp and huge fangs.
But nothing happened. I heard something fall to the floor and I opened my eyes.
I saw Kayden put a huge sword into her heart.
"No!" I shouted crying before her body turned literally into dust and the wind blew it away.
Then a very pissed off Kayden came my way and grabbed me by the shoulder and made me stand up.
"Ignore me like that again and I won't be so forgiving." He said before looking around and dragging me away.