No Way

My mum placed a mug of hot chocolate in front of me and left the room. My dad was already in bed and I guess my mum was going to join him. That's how I always remember them, in love and happy. They are always so in love... sometimes I'd see them dancing together in the kitchen while making cookies or painting each other clothes while redecorating my bedroom. They were high school sweethearts. My mum was the captain of the cheerleaders and my dad was on the basketball team. They are now 20 years married. 20 years. And they are still so in love it warms you up from the inside just by looking at them. I'll always be thankful to have such great parents as them. And friends.
Oh shit, Jocelyn.
I have to apologize to her...
I said hurtful things as well as she and I shouldn't act like a child. I'm just going to apologize to her. And then she'll probably apologize back and we'll be back friends.
Yes. Sounds like a good plan.
And I'm going to do it now.
I put my boots on and my leather jacket. I put my bus card in my pocket as well as my phone, and I quietly went out of the house. It was dark, but quite warm. Jocelyn doesn't live very far from me, maybe 4 miles or so, and I can always catch a bus when I'm going to hers.

I walked through the quiet streets and soon I reached Jocelyn's house.
Jocelyn's house is probably everyone's dream house. 2 big swimming pools, built in cinema, tennis courts, their own gym, a garage bigger than my future which stores 2 Porsches, 2Ferraris and 1 Audi R8. The house looks like a palace but Jocelyn always says she hates it. She never told us why, but I still don't understand how you can hate such a lovely home. I snapped to my left as I heard a cracking sound. I calmed down when it was just a bird snapping a branch.
Just a few more houses until Jocelyn's...
I fastened my pace and looked around myself anxiously. I had a weird feeling I was being watched.
I kept my gaze on the road and soon Jocelyn's mansion came to view.
Without turning around I walked into the massive front garden towards her front doors. I knew Jocelyn was gonna be alone since her parents are somewhere on vacation in Bora Bora. I rang the doorbell and listened how the sound of it slowly faded throughout the house. Jocelyn's front garden was full of life. It had all different shapes and colors of flowers and plants and it just made you feel better. I snapped back to the doors as Jocelyn threw them open, her eyes looking tired.
I practiced all the things I would've tell her but when she stood in front of me, I just stood with my mouth open.
"Hi..." I finally got out of me.
"Hi." She answered quietly.
"Listen I'm so-" we both started at the same time and chuckled afterwards.
"I'm so sorry, Jocelyn... I didn't mean what I said..." I said with puppy eyes and her face softened.
"I'm sorry too, I was so mean..." she said and an awkward silence fell upon us.
One minute...
Two minutes...
"Do you want to come inside?" She asked with a weak smile.
"Um... sure." I said as I smiled back and walked inside. Jocelyn closed the doors and locked them on 5 locks.
"Hot chocolate?" She asked giggling and I mumbled a small yeah under my breath.

We watched two episodes of Riverdale on Netflix and then I was getting really sleepy. It was already past midnight.
"I have to go home." I said as I pulled the blanket over myself.
"Are you serious? Look how late it is! Just sleepover." She said tiredly.
"No, I didn't even bring any clothes or anything, I'm gonna be fine, goodnight." I said as I stood up and Jocelyn stood up too.
"Olivia. It is past midnight. Just stay the night and you'll leave in the morning."
I started putting my boots on.
"No seriously, I'll be fine and my mum would kill me if I didn't come home for the night, thanks though." I said and she shrugged her shoulders in annoyance. I put my coat on and Jocelyn walked me up to the doors.
We said our goodbyes and then I was on my way.
The air got cold. Way colder than before. The sky was covered in dark clouds, making the night darker than usually.
I should've stayed the night.
The streets looked deserted as I walked towards the bus stop. A small light post was standing next to it, being my only source of light.
30. Fucking. Minutes.
I'll freeze to death.
I sat on the cold bench of the bus stop and looked in front of myself. I jumped and widened my eyes at dark figure on the other end of the street which was perfectly facing me. I felt paralyzed as I felt its gaze upon myself. I felt my heartbeat increase rapidly. I looked around if anyone was here but the street was deserted. I looked back at the dark figure-
What the-
It was gone.

Am I hallucinating?
Am I seeing things?
I keep asking myself those question for the past ten minutes as I rubbed my hands on my arm to produce warmth.
It was probably nothing.
I relaxed and looked at the time.
10 minutes to go.
I froze as a man walked into the bus stop. He wore all black and I could tell he was no good news. I couldn't see his face but I could see his pitch black hair that were messily styled. He sat next to me and I swear my heart was about to jump out of my chest. I just kept staring in front of myself and kept telling myself I'm just being paranoid because he's probably just a normal human being who's waiting for the bus like me.
I held my breath as he turned to me, I didn't even flinch a little.
"Such a pretty girl shouldn't be out here by herself... It's quite late don't you think?" He said in a sinister, deep voice and I turned to him. He looked in his early twenties, very muscly, sharp jawline and a sinister smirk. If he wasn't so creepy he'd be kinda hot...
Just get out of here...
I looked back in front of myself and didn't move a muscle. I jumped when his hand touched mine and I immediately stood up and he did too. I started breathing heavily and turned around. I was about to run when I hit into another man. They dark-haired man started laughing and the other pushed me back. I quickly regained my balance and hit him with my fist right in the eye.
Wow, where did I learn that?
The man barely flinched but the laughter stopped. I quickly bent the man over and kicked him in the stomach, once, twice, and while he held the light post to regain balance, I took my chances. I ran for my life. I ran faster than I ever did in my gym class. I ran faster than when my mum shouts "Dinner!" from downstairs.
I thanked god I was a sportive girl so I didn't get tired easily. I never turned around to see if they were even following me but I just ran.
Suddenly, something hit my head and I landed on the ground. Very hard. Head first. I was lying on my back and soon I saw three dark figures around me.
"We've got quite the treat, don't you think, Jay?" I heard a man say laughingly. I grunted in pain as I heard one of them... hiss? You know, like when you try to scare a cat away or something.
My consciousness came back quickly and I tried to back away from them, but soon enough I got grabbed by my arms and my back was against one of their chests. He held my neck to one side, and stroked my hair away from my neck. I looked in front of me, and I saw their eyes. They were the brightest red I've ever seen.
What the hell is this?
I acted repulsively and threw the man over my shoulder.
Seriously, where does this come from?
Before anyone could do anything, some ninjas-fighting people came out of nowhere and started beating the crap out of the red-eyed men. And I don't mean a normal high school fight or something, it looked extremely painful, brutal and violent. I was more confused than I was scared.
After the fighting ninjas beat them unconscious, they took out some sort of weapons, like bright neon, white glow sticks, and stabbed them once and hard. I flinched and leaned against the wall trying not to scream as my legs and arms were shaking.
One of them came up to me and I could see his face. A young boy, not older than 19, studied my face carefully and his eyes widened.
"No way." He whispered under his breath.