Fake

Luckily it was only 15 minutes fast running until I reached home. I went through the back door somehow quietly and heard my parents talking loudly in the living room. I let out a breath of relief and I went to hug them. But I stopped before the doors as I heard my mother saying weird things.
"I don't know, Matthew. What if she knows? What if she knows her memory has been wiped and we aren't her real parents? She's not with any of the girls which could mean the Fighters got to her and told her everything. What if they find a way to bring her memory back? Master should've killed her when he had the chance instead doing what she did... she's in the top 3 Fighters for gods sake! She can kill us with the snap of her fingers and she doesn't even know about it. This whole year was awful. I'm tried of baby sitting one of them and pretending to be her mother. I say we get rid of her ourselves, or ask the girls for help? What do you think, Matt? Aren't you tired of the constant-" I slowly backed away and put a hand on my mouth to stop myself from sobbing. I was totally disoriented and I didn't know what to believe. I have no one. What were they even talking about? Is everything what that guy Kayden told me true? Is that possible? Me fighting vampires? This is so messed up..
I ran a few streets away and then stopped and walked inside a park. I leaned against the tree and took multiple deep breaths. I was getting a panic attack.
My vision became blurry and my longs burned. Deadly thoughts ran through my mind as I thoughts about everything.  Vampires. Death. Fighters. The Shelter. Fake parents. Wiped memory. WHO AM I?!
I cried and breathed quickly as I was getting very light headed. I can't, this is too much.
Then I felt a hand on my shoulder and the person bent down and sat on the ground in front of me. It was that guy Kayden I hit in the head with a chair. He made me look at him and told me to breathe.
"It's okay. Just breathe. In... and out. In... and out. Everything's going to be alright. Just calm your breathing. Think of all the good things in your life-"
"I don't even know if they were true!" I said and started hyperventilating again. Tears streamed down my face and I felt his hand on my cheeks. He leaned his forehead against mine.
"It's okay. You're okay. You're safe. We will get thought this. I promise. In... and out..." I looked into his eyes and calmed my breathing. I closed my eyes and took a calm, deep breath.
"How... how did you find me?" Stalker, much?
"I followed you after you ran away."
"But I knocked you out." I protested.
"Yeah. For good ten seconds." He winked to me. He stood up and gave me a hand to help me stand up. I took it and raised to my feet.
"My parents... or whoever they are... they... they aren't my parents I don't know what's happening-" I said crying and sobbing and he embraced me tightly. I cried into his black shirt.
"I will explain everything. Walk with me." He said walking further into the park and I followed him.

"Your name is Julia Martin. Your birthday is on 24th June, you are or were very sociable and fun. You liked loud music and partying. You were the second best fighter in the whole state and well, I was and am still first. You liked... confident clothes and you were sort of wild. We both started training at the age of 4, my parents are the richest and powerful people in Harstad, Norway, that's where the base of the Fighters is. You are and were an only child, your parents both died in a fire many years ago... and if it comes to us, well... we knew each other our whole lives but I never knew your name until you hit puberty about two years ago... I had quite a reputation of a playboy but after we got into something more serious I stopped and basically... I never cheated on you. The thing I liked about you most was that you were truly and crazily in love with me. And I was with you." He said the last part like he was remembering good old times.
"Many of these things totally don't sound like me..." I said looking down. I didn't know myself anymore.
"One day we got a mission assigned. Me, you, and two friends you probably don't remember. We were supposed to find a secret gathering place for some of the most powerful vampires. It turned out to be a trap. Peter and Jack, the two guys, ran away in time but you and me didn't make it. We had to fight against at least 300 vampires. I remember the moment they surrounded us, the last thing I heard you say was 'I love you and thank you for dealing with my sarcastic ass for so long' before they attacked us. We were prepared to die. Everything happened so quickly and suddenly they were gone, along with you. We spent months looking for you, but it was like you vanished into thin air. There wasn't a single day or night when I haven't thought about you." I looked at him and even though he was a complete stranger to me, or felt like one, I liked him and I felt sorry for him.
"What will happen now?" I asked and he looked me in the eyes for a few seconds.
"We gotta go back to The Shelter and tell the council or Arthur about your fake parents and fake friends. Them they will decide what will happen. Listen, I can't force you to come with me, but if you do, I'd be utterly thankful and pleased. You will be safe there, Jul- whatever your name is." He chuckled and I did too, but my chuckle was quite a sad one.
"Is it okay if I want to be called Olivia for now? I don't really suit that girl Julia. I think I'll stay with Olivia." I said and he nodded his head.
"Of course, Olivia." He agreed.
"Well, should we get back to that Shelter thing before I'll end up knocking you out again?" I smirked and he chuckled.
"Hey! That was because you caught me off guard! You don't stand a chance when I'm prepared." He argued playfully and I hit his shoulder.
"Yeah, I bet." I said sarcastically as we walked further away.