Wine and Poisoned Bourbon

After stuffing ourselves with milkshakes and pancakes, it was getting late and we decided to head home. As we arrived at the Shelter, it still seems very empty, everyone was probably still at the party.

As we joked and laughed, we arrived at the corridor where we would go separate ways, he would go right to his bedroom, and I'd go left to mine.

We looked at each other nervously and awkwardly, none of us wanting to go separate ways.

"What do you say we'll go to mines? I'm pretty sure I got some good wine hidden." He suggested looking straight into my eyes. "Yes, I'd love that." I simply said the truth while smiling. Wine would be great right now... We arrived at his bedroom which let me remind you, was huge, expensive and smelled like him. He opened the doors for me and I thanked him before walking inside. He closed the doors behind him and something caught my eye. The bourbon, which was still standing at the nightstand with the card next to it. I completely forgot about it. "Make yourself at home." He said before walking to some cupboard filled with alcohol, not noticing the gift he received from his father. I nervously sat on the bed. Should I tell him? The bourbon can't possibly be poisoned, right? Why would a father poison his own son? Is it poison? If not, then what is it? Kayden took out a Chateau Lafite 1865, a very expensive wine which I could only dream about tasting a few months back. He put it on the nightstand along with two glasses, before noticing the bourbon. He took it in his hands after reading the card and smiled. Of course, it was his favorite, apparently. Oh my god... should I tell him? "I hope you don't mind, but I'll switch my wine for this, the best bourbon there is. Funny, I don't remember telling anyone about it." He said before pouring himself a glass of it and one with the wine, for me. He gave it to me and I gave a sad smile as a thank you. He sat down next to me and it felt like the world stopped. I wanted to tell him about it, but maybe he'd think I'm paranoid or stupid or be angry that I came to his room without his permission, when things are better between us than ever. He took the glass to his lips, very slowly, and tilted the glass waiting for the liquid to pour into his mouth.

"No!" I shouted and snatched the bourbon which spilled onto the floor. "What the hell was that?!" He asked loudly not understanding anything. "It's poisoned. Or at least I think it is." I said looking at him, hoping he'd believe me. His face grew hard and he gave me a stern look. "Explain." He ordered.

"So you went into my room without my permission, went through my stuff, and somehow found yourself in my wardrobe, looking how my father puts something in the bourbon, and you assumed it was poison...?" He summarized it after I explained everything and I nodded. Kayden looked away. "Look, I know it's sounds absurd or whatever, but believe me, I am telling you the truth." He kept looking away and I sighed. "I know. I believe you. I just don't understand why my father would put something in my bourbon." I let out a deep breath and tried to catch his eyes, but couldn't. "Look, maybe we can just ask him, I doubt he'd want to poison you, you're his son." I said and he finally looked at me, confusion all over his face. He cupped my cheek and rubbed his thumb over my bottom lip. "I hope that's the truth, sweetheart." Suddenly he gripped my hair tightly and made me look at him. "Next time do not hesitate to tell me when you think someone is trying to poison me, got it?" He said in a demanding voice. I nodded my head.

He let go of me and walked over to his balcony, which had the view over the whole city. I felt the cold breeze enter the room as he stepped outside into it. I drank my wine, and it was amazing. I put the glass down, took off my heels, and walked over to him. It was a cold night, and the stars were very much visible, shining along with all the far away lights of the city. I leaned against the barrier, next to him and felt goosebumps rising on my skin from the cold. He looked at me and looked quickly away.

||Kayden's POV||

As she stood next to me, I wanted to tell her. I wanted to say, that I still love her, that I never stopped loving her, and probably never will. I wanted to take her into my arms, kiss her, feel her, but I didn't. I didn't want to scare her away. I care for her more than I care about myself, even though I deny it, even to myself. She looked so beautiful tonight, her hair a little messy and her breathing calm as she looked into the sky. She was stunning, with the black dress of hers and her full pink lips. I love you, Julia...