If Only

You know that feeling, when you want to do something small and it turns out into a big mess you regret ever starting it in the first place? Well, I regret going to Jocelyn's back then, because if I didn't, I wouldn't be currently dragged into some abandoned 50 floor hotel by serial killers.
A strong man, maybe in his late thirties, was holding both of my hands on my back, and pushing me to walk forward.
"Let me go! I won't tell anybody what I saw! Please, let me go!" I cried but they ignored me completely. I heard a guy and a girl talking in front of me.
"Are you sure it's her? If we bring a mundane to the Shelter we'll get punished." The girl whispered to the guy nervously.
"Yes. I know a Fighter when I see one. Trust me on this one." The boy whispered back and they both turned to look at me. The girl looked worried and I could only imagine how I looked. My hair was all over the place and I bet my makeup was smudged all over my face.
As we got closer to the abandoned hotel, it looked really creepy. The paint was peeling off the walls and the windows were crashed and broken. It looked like no one was here for ages.
Before I knew it, I was pushed through the high double doors and I fell onto the floor.
The once broken, abandoned and dark hotel, turned into a magical and posh hotel. Everything seemed expensive and clean. The walls were painted a dark red and white, and the floor was made from dark wood and it seemed so clean you could lick it. There were strong lights as I looked around myself. I was in a wide and long corridor, a very beautiful corridor, and people started talking behind me. I heard the doors close behind me as I snapped to the people. I could see everybody's faces clearly. There were a few young girls, boys and some muscly adults. There were about ten people behind me and I quickly stood up. I started taking steps away from them, remembering that they're murders and kidnappers.
"Chill out, princess. Nobody wants to hurt you here. But if Patrick's right, we don't want you to hurt anybody." A guy that looked no older than 19 spoke to me. He had messy black hair and eyes as black as the soul of the night. Somehow, he looked friendly. He took a confident step towards me and I quickly flinched back. I turned around and ran into the corridor.
There has to be a way out of here!
I ran until I ended up in a very, very huge room. It had a lot of computers and what looked like... weapons. Some people were standing and minding their own business, so I tried to act normal and walked in between them. I tried to slow my breathing and make sure I didn't make any eye contact by keeping my head low.
What is this place?
I turned around just for a second, and I saw that guy with the black eyes running after me, but I don't think he knew where I was. I quickly fastened my pace and made sure I didn't bring any attention to myself.
After I made it out of the huge room, I found myself in a maze of corridors. The walls were a darker red and the lights were a bit duller. I walked through one corridor, turned right into another one and turned left into another. Every corridor was full of doors but there was no sign of people even though I heard some sounds once or twice.
The corridors seemed endless.
I was about to turn left when I heard someone talking. I quickly took a step back and hit my back against the wall. I figured out it was a man, talking on a phone. I heard some keys jiggle, some doors open, some doors close, and silence. I waited for a minute or two but it was just silence. When I turned to my right I nearly had a heart attack. I would've screamed but that guy with the dark hair and eyes covered my mouth and held me against the wall.
"Rule No.14, Fighters never run from their enemies, they fight till the end." He whispered and I looked at him confused.
Suddenly, all I felt was a sharp pain in the back of my head, and then darkness swallowed me up.

||Kayden's POV||

I just got back from my mission in the west side of the city, and I was exhausted. It was nearly 4am in the morning, and all I wanted was to sleep. Of course before I reached the highest floor in the Shelter, Jessica got a hold of me. She stepped into the elevator with me and I prayed for her not to open her mouth.
"Kayden, you look really tired my dear..." she said with puppy eyes as her hand stroked my cheek but I flinched back. I couldn't stand anyone touching me, ever.
"I can take care of you, babe..." she whispered in her sweet voice and I wanted to puke. She wore her tight sport leggings and a tight t-shirt with short sleeves and a big v-neck. Jessica is the slut of the Shelter. But lately, she's been focused on me, which really annoys me. I looked at her long blond hair.
"How about... no?" I said sarcastically and prayed the elevator would open soon.
"Kayden you just need to relax... I can help you do that... just like the old times..."
The old times?
We only slept together twice and that was after... after her...
"Seriously Jessica? Do you need me to write a big 'NO' on your forehead to make you understand? Get the fuck away from me." I said coldly and walked away as the elevator opened.
I walked up to my penthouse and closed the doors behind me. I took my top off and threw it somewhere on the floor.
I'm so tired of living like this.
Wake up, eat, kill vampires, sleep. And that goes on for repeat 24/7. But that's what we Fighters do, protect the human world from the ShadowWorld.
I'm the fastest, strongest and fiercest fighter in the Shelter. In the whole state. I was born from loyal blood, my parents are the heads of the Georgia Shelter. My family is the most respected family among the FightersWorld, yet my parents never agreed to join The Council and become the 'King and Queen' of our world. That's what I'll always be grateful for. If they joined the council, I'd have to get married and have children as soon as possible to make sure the family line doesn't die. I can't even think about marriage after her disappearance.
I threw myself onto my big, comfortable bed and buried my head in the pillows.
If only I could stop thinking about her...
If only I had prove she's really dead... maybe I'd sleep peacefully at night.