He Asked For It

Previously on Dust and Shadows...

Suddenly his lips were on mine.

His hand was on my waist and he pulled me closer. He kissed me slowly, with love. When I got my senses back I quickly pushed him away and looked at him in shock.

"You're engaged." I said quickly. "I'll break the engagement." He answered almost instantly. I thought about it. I looked at him again and fuck this.

I crashed my lips with his, putting my hands around his neck and his hands were firmly on my waist before somehow my legs were tangled around his torso and he headed towards the bedroom, not breaking the kiss.

***************************

We headed towards the bedroom, our make out session heating up. Only when we passed the corridor, we could see the front door-or- who was standing in the front door.

"Taylor." I whispered and quickly straightened myself up away from Kayden. Taylor's eyes concentrated on Kayden, his jaw clenched and his hands formed fists. Before I knew what was happening, Taylor marched over to Kayden and threw a jaw-breaking punch at his face. It looked really painful, I mean come on, two best Fighters from two different states. I flinched back and looked worriedly at Kayden who just straightened up and his eyes held rage.

"I told you to stay away from her, asshole." Taylor hissed being dangerously close to Kayden, both the same height. "Like I'll listen to you, a desperate lowlife trying to make his old crush like him back." Kayden said back and his words confused me, but before I could think about it Taylor wanted to hit him again, but Kayden caught his fist midway. Then started twisting it. Suddenly everything evolved and Kayden was throwing punches at Taylor who was on the floor, straddled by him. I ignored how scary and strong Kayden looked and marched over to him to try to stop him.

"Kayden, stop!" He didn't pay attention. There came more blood, and more. I tried to grab his arms but he was way stronger, so I took the nearest thing I could, I grabbed my shoe which was only a few inches away from me and hit Kayden hard on the back of his head. He didn't even budge but froze. I dropped the shoe and rushed over to Taylor, my hands shaking. I pushed Kayden away from him and took his beaten face in my hands. His eyes were closed but he was breathing, blood coming from his skin, nose and mouth and all over the place. "Oh god..." I said to myself as I looked at him closer. Suddenly I turned to Kayden, angry. "Why did you beat him like this?! What's wrong with you?!" I shouted and never realized when a tear went down my cheek. It was brutal, like he was trying to kill him. I never saw Kayden like this and I was deadly worried about Taylor. Kayden just sat there on the floor, staring. I heard him sigh and stand up. "He'll be alright." He said as he placed a hand on my shoulder and I quickly flinched away from his touch not even thinking about it. "He asked for it!" Kayden shouted somehow frustrated and I stood up and looked up to look him in the eyes. "He asked for it?! Are you out of your mind? Did he fucking ask to be beaten unconscious?! You know what- just get the hell out." I said pointing to the door. Suddenly he put his hand up and I flinched back but he only run his hands through his hair. He looked at me with guilt. "Julia look at me." He said softly and I did. Deep into his stormy grey eyes. "I would never hurt you." He said quietly and took my hand into his. I tried to get it out but he only squeezed harder. "Get out. Now." I just said and that was enough for him to go for the doors. I turned back to Taylor and made him sit up against the wall. I went for some ice and the first aid kit.

His bottom lip was swollen, his left eye purple, his cheeks bruised and his nose just stopped bleeding. I heard him groan and I looked up at his no longer handsome face. His eyes slightly opened. "Hey." He said softly and I gave him a weak smile in return. "You okay?" He asked and I rolled my eyes. "I'm not the one looking like a beaten potato." I said and he chuckled but winced from the pain, probably from his bottom lip. "I shouldn't have started it, Kayden's very  protective of his own, I should've known better." He said looking at me and I looked away remembering Kayden's rage. It's not like I disagreed with him. He shouldn't have started it. Who I hook up with is none of hi business. Then I remembered Kayden's words. "What did Kayden mean, when he said you're trying to get your old crush like you back?" I asked carefully and he looked away and sighed. "Well..." He chuckled nervously. "I used to live in your Shelter when I was a kid. 12, maybe, or 13." I looked at him and wanted him to continue. "So, you were there too and I developed a childish crush on you, but I would always get upset when you'd choose to train with Kayden and not with me. Then my parents moved me to Oregon and our paths drifted away." I sighed and looked at him with a frown. "Was that it? You got upset when you saw me with Kayden?" He nodded his head and I looked away. "I thought it was gone, but when I saw you again... I couldn't look away. He must've noticed." I nodded in agreement. "You always chose him. You still do." He said with a little sadness in his voice. I nodded again, with agreement.

...

The next day, I concentrated on settling in. I accepted the situation I was in and even Adelaide came in the morning and we ate breakfast together and she explained a lot of things to me concerning the house. Later, she left and I finished unpacking into one of the empty bedrooms. I had a messy ponytail and wore casual clothes. Around 3pm, I heard someone knocking on my doors. I quickly straightened myself up and wondered who it might be. I opened to find the one and only, Kayden.

"Hey..." He said gently and I looked down. "May I come in?" He asked and I thought about it. I moved aside and he entered the house. "I'm sorry, for yesterday. I shouldn't have beaten him up like that even though he deserved it. It's just... We've always hated each other. But anyway, I'm sorry. I know you two are friends." He slowly walked up to me. "It's okay. It's just... I've never seen you like this... it looked like- like you were gonna kill him. And I couldn't-" "I know, I know. I'm sorry. I don't know what got into me." He explained and I took a deep breath.

Then an awkward silence welcomed the room. "Um... Would you like something to drink?" I asked slowly after a few minutes and he bit his lip as he smiled. He shook his head. "I'm fine, thanks." I nodded my head. "Um... Anything you want, then?" He looked at me seriously. "Actually, yes... You."

I looked at him with my eyes widened and saw the playful smirk on his face. He was teasing me. I pretended it didn't affect me and rolled my eyes as I walked into the living room. I continued folding my clean laundry and ignored his existence. Suddenly I felt a hand around my waist and his warm breath on my neck. "I missed you." He whispered and I frowned, trying to act as if his touch didn't affect me that much. "How so? You saw me yesterday." I said and he gently tightened his grip. "I don't care. I haven't seen you the whole day. And a whole year."He explained and I looked down. After a while I said, "How's Samantha?" and he tensed up. "I have no idea, and honestly, I couldn't care less. Mrs Smith takes care of her." Then he let me go and made me look at him.  "Don't ever ask me about her because she doesn't matter to me. I want you, and only you. And I'm yours, just like you're mine." I bit my lip. "Who said I'm yours?" I teased and he rolled his eyes. "Well, are you?" He asked, genuinely interested in the answer. "No." I said quickly and harshly. He looked worriedly in my eyes. "I'm not yours and you're not mine. Because you're fucking engaged, Kayden. There's no excuse for this, it's disrespectful for Samantha, it's not like she had any choice in this too." I sighed. Here I was, defending Kayden's fiancee. "We can't keep doing this, Kayden. Not until you break the engagement. Unless, you break it."

*******************

Remember to vote and comment! Love you all!