Chapter One

Ymir had been the first one to enter the theatre followed by an overly confident Reiner.

"Ya know Bertl, I really think I'm a guaranteed Romeo. Who else could play him? And of course Krista would be Juliet." The boy explained to his friend as they walked to the front.

Bertholdt looked towards his best friend. "I wish you luck. After all, I-I think you did well at auditions Reiner..um...Personally, I just hope I get a good part this time..." Bertholdt said, a little nervous. "I don't want to be stuck getting a tree again."

"Thanks Bertl. Well, luckily there aren't any trees in this play. So you can't be a tree!" Reiner encouraged.

Before Bertholdt could say anything else, Marco happened to enter the theatre next. He smiled brightly, holding a Styrofoam coffee cup in one hand. On his shoulder, was a brown satchel. "Hey guys!" He greeted with his cheerful tone. Ymir offered a small wave while Reiner grinned at Marco.

"So what part do you think you got?"

Marco placed his satchel down on one of the seats. "To be honest, I don't know. I'm hoping for the Prince, but any part I get I'll be okay with."

"I'm sure you've got a shot!" Of course, Reiner wanted the lead, but he wasn't about to put down his friends.

"Thanks Reiner." Marco smiled. "What part are you hoping for?" He asked the blond, genuinely curious.

"Romeo." Reiner said with a proud grin. "Miss Hanji has to see the talent in this room right?"

"Ah, well good luck! I think you'd make a great Romeo!" Marco complemented Reiner. Then he turned to Bertholdt. "What about you Bertholdt? What part do you want?"

Bertholdt gave Marco a small smile. "Well, I'm hoping for-"

"Hey you guys!" Krista greeted as she entered the building, not knowing she interrupted Bertholdt. "Oh, I'm so excited about today! I couldn't sleep last night because of this!" She was bubbling with happiness and excitement. "My father told me not to keep my hopes too high, but I can't help it! Romeo and Juliet is one of my favorite plays!" She sighed dreamily. "Anywho, how are you guys?" She asked.

"I am great!" Reiner butted in first. "I am totally ready to be your Romeo!" He grinned.

Ymir rolled her eyes. "You wish Braun. Bertholdt has a better chance at Romeo than you."

Reiner's smile fell, "You're just jealous because you're gonna end up dressed like a nun."

"I hope they put you in the puffiest pants possible, and tights." Ymir shot back.

"Now you two." Marco said sternly, yet kindly. "Let's just wait and see. Who knows, maybe we'll get the parts we want."

"Oh, I hope so!" Krista beamed.

"I know I will." Reiner went back to his confident attitude.

"Keep telling yourself that." Ymir muttered under her breath.

Marco turned back to Bertholdt. "Bertholdt," He began. "You were going to tell us what part you wanted, but Krista came in so you didn't get to finish. What part did you want again?"

"W-Well...um....I'm really hoping for-"

"HELLO EVERYONE!" A booming voice echoed through the theatre. Hanji was in the doorway with Annie in tow. Annie was helping Hanji carry some of her bags in. "I hope you all are doing great today!" She made her way down to the front of the stage. "Now, let's get started. I have the cast list in my hand." The brunette waved a piece of white paper in her hand. "I know you all are excited. I am too, but please don't run each other over when coming to look at the cast list. When I say go, you may come down to see what you got." She placed the cast list down on the stage. "Ready, set, GO!"