Chapter Thirteen

"Thanks again for letting me spend the night Ymir." Krista said as she hauled her suitcase. "I really appreciate it." 

"No problem, besides, I think Fred missed you." Ymir grinned softly at Krista and reached for the suitcase, "Here let me get that for you."

"Oh, thank you." Krista said as she let Ymir take her suitcase. 

Ymir grabbed the suitcase and took it upstairs. Once they were in her room she placed it on her bed, "You can take my bed tonight. I'll sleep on the floor." She said to the girl as Fred walked in and jumped onto Ymir's bed gently batting Krista with his paw.

Krista looked down and beamed at the cat. "Hello Fred." She cooed as she gently petted the cat's silky fur.  Fred meowed softly at the girl and pressed his head into her palm.

Ymir took a seat in her desk chair and kicked her feet up onto the desk, "I told you that he missed you."

Krista giggled sweetly. Her laugh seemed to warm up the entire room. She turned to Ymir, that smile still there. "So, what do you want to do?" The small blonde asked.

Ymir was quiet for a moment just staring at Krista in admiration, "Oh uhm, up to you really, we could play video games, watch TV, I'm sure we have a board game or two lying around if you're into that stuff," The girl lightly teased.

"Ooh, board games sound fun!" Krista clapped her hands happily.

Ymir nodded and got up from her chair, "Let me see what we've got." She left the room.

 "Okay." Krista said, as she waited patiently for Ymir to return. 

Meanwhile Fred continued to pester Krista for attention. It's not like he didn't get enough, but this girl was Ymir's favorite human so he decided she was his favorite human too.

Ymir soon returned with three boxes in her hands, "We have Life, Monopoly and Sorry. What one do you want to play?"

"Hmmm...I really like all three...but let's start with Monopoly!"

Ymir nodded and set the other boxes down on her desk. She spread the game board on top of her bed and began to divvy out the money, "I wanna be the dog." She claimed reaching for the game piece.

Krista glanced down at the pieces. "Alright, I want to be the thimble." She said, grabbing the small silver metal piece.

Ymir flashed a small smile and handed her the dice, "You can go first."

Krista nodded taking the dice from Ymir politely. She rolled the dice, watching them land on the board. "Ten!" Krista then moved her piece ten spaces. "Okay Ymir, you're turn!"

Ymir grabbed the dice and rolled, 3, she moved her piece and glanced at her money contemplating whether or not to by the property her first turn. She decided against it. "Your go."

Krista once again took the dice and rolled it. It landed on seven. The smaller girl took her piece and moved it. "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven." Krista placed her piece on the spot and looked at the property on the board. "Hmmm...I think I'll buy this property this time." She said after some thought.

"Alright," Ymir leaned over to look at the spot, "One hundred twenty to buy it... Are you gonna put a house on it?"

Krista nodded and placed a little red house on it, not before paying for the property of course. "Here you go. One hundred and twenty." She said, handing the money over.

Ymir took the money with a small smile, "Thank you Miss!" She placed the money in the box for now. She then took the dice and rolled, low again, she moved four spots. "I'm buying this one," She took one hundred dollars from her money pile and placed a house on the spot.

Krista took the dice and rolled again. She rolled an eight this time. She moved the piece and bought that property that she landed on, handing over the two hundred dollars and placing another little house on it.