Chapter Twenty Four

Reiner and Bertholdt were the last cast members to arrive at the restaurant. They were directed to the back dining area by a waitress. The rest of the cast were already grouped at tables. Eren was with Marco and his sisters and Ymir and Krista sat together. So, Reiner took a seat with Annie who sat by herself.

Bertholdt pulled over a chair and sat down next to Reiner and Annie.

Reiner grabbed a menu, "So what do you think you're gonna get Annie?"

"I don't know. Probably something small. I'm not really that hungry." Annie admitted.

"Bertholdt?" Reiner asked his friend next.

Bertholdt looked up from his menu, "U-Um, I'm still deciding, but I might get some pizza...and maybe some fries as well..."

"Maybe you and Annie should share something." Reiner suggested casually without looking up from his menu.

The tallest boy's cheeks flushed crimson red. "M-Maybe, I-I mean...ah..." He stammered.

"I'm sure it would work out well if you shared," Reiner shrugged, "Right Annie?"

Annie shrugged. "I guess so." She looked up to Bertholdt, "You okay with that Bertholdt?"

Bertholdt nodded quickly. "S-Sure! Um, why not?" He smiled awkwardly.

Reiner smiled behind his menu, pleased with himself. All Bertholdt had needed was a little push.

Meanwhile, Marco and the girls had just received their drinks from the waitress who was serving them. His sister's had gotten chocolate milks and Marco had just ordered a water. "So," Marco looked up to Eren, "Do you know what you're getting to eat yet?"

"Cheese fries, chicken fingers and a piece of pizza with mushrooms." Eren recited as if he had done it a hundred times.

"Nice." Marco smiled. Then he turned to his sisters, "What about you girls?"

"I'm getting pizza!" Lisa smiled.

"Me too! But with fries." Marina chimed in.

"Good choices!" He beamed to his sisters. He then turned to Olivia, who was sitting in the booster seat. "Do you want pizza Livi?" He asked her.

"Yeah!" Olivia cheered, "And juice!"

Marco chuckled. "Okay."

"Should we get an appetizer?" Eren asked.

"I think that's a good idea." Marco nodded.

"What's an appetizer?" Marina asked, cocking her head to the side.

"The food before the food." Eren explained reaching over and grabbing the menu,"How about two orders of mozzarella sticks?"

"Oooh! I love Mozzarella sticks!" Lisa exclaimed, licking her lips excitedly.

"So mozzarella sticks it is!" Eren nodded with a smile at the girls.

"Hurray!" Lisa and Marina cheered.

Olivia lifted her arms in the air, "Yay!"

Meanwhile in the booth a few seats away, "I hope you're ready to get super famous in the next few days." Ymir teased Krista. She had her arm gently around Krista's shoulders as she went to take one of her fries with her free hand, "Ilse is gonna write a five page article on us, I'm sure."

Krista smiled brightly, "She is?" She squealed happily, "Oh, I can't wait to read it!"

"Yep, 'Modern Star-Crossed Lovers'" Ymir laughed lightly. "So, about that date?" Ymir seemed more confident after her confession, but it just made it easier for her to act cool as her heart pounded.