Chapter Nineteen

The show had begun and so far, everyone was doing a fantastic job. Nanaba's music cues were perfect and Hanji gave Moblit (or whoever took over for him when he was on stage) orders from back in the booth. They had finally gotten to scene five of Act One.

They were most of the way through the scene and Eren stood by Erwin, Capulet, who sat in a basic throne,

He scowled, "'Tis he, that villain Romeo."

Erwin lifted his hand as if to silence the boy,
"Content thee, gentle coz, let him alone; He bears him like a portly gentleman; And, to say truth, Verona brags of him to be a virtuous and well-govern'd youth: I would not for the wealth of all the town here in my house do him disparagement: Therefore be patient, take no note of him: It is my will, the which if thou respect, show a fair presence and put off these frowns, and ill-beseeming semblance for a feast."

Eren batted Erwin's hand out of his face,
"It fits, when such a villain is a guest: I'll not endure him."

Erwin only shook his head lightly,
"He shall be endured: What, goodman boy! I say, he shall: go to; Am I the master here, or you? Go to. You'll not endure him! God shall mend my soul! You'll make a mutiny among my guests! You will set cock-a-hoop! you'll be the man!"

Eren narrowed his eyes slightly, "Why, uncle, 'tis a shame."

Erwin laughed lightly,
"Go to, go to; You are a saucy boy: is't so, indeed? This trick may chance to scathe you, I know what: You must contrary me! marry, 'tis time. Well said, my hearts! You are a princox; go: Be quiet, or--More light, more light! For shame! I'll make you quiet. What, cheerly, my hearts!"

Eren scoffed and started to walk off stage,
"Patience perforce with wilful choler meeting makes my flesh tremble in their different greeting. I will withdraw: but this intrusion shall now seeming sweet convert to bitter gall."

Eren walked off stage, and Ymir began her line leaning on a table and holding Krista's hand,
"If I profane with my unworthiest hand this holy shrine, the gentle fine is this: My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand to smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss."

Krista glanced down at Ymir's hand holding hers, blushing a bit. She looked back up at her with a smile.
"Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much, Which mannerly devotion shows in this; For saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch, and palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss"

Amazingly Ymir was able to keep her cool on stage. She smiled softly at Krista,
"Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too?"

Krista nodded,
"Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer."

Ymir took her free hand and placed it on Krista's cheek,
"O, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do; They pray, grant thou, lest faith turn to despair."

Ymir leaned in before Krista's next line and planted a soft kiss on her lips. Krista savored the moment. She closed her eyes enjoying the kiss. Ymir could have stayed like that forever, but she reluctantly pulled away keeping her hand gently on Krista's cheek.

Krista gently smiled once again. "Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake."

Ymir smirked,
"Then move not, while my prayer's effect I take. Thus from my lips, by yours, my sin is purged."

Krista blushed more, "Then have my lips the sin that they have took."

Ymir laughed softly, "Sin from thy lips? O trespass sweetly urged!" She took a step closer to Krista. It wasn't in their blocking, but it felt natural. She then spoke softly, "Give me my sin again."