Chapter Five

A few weeks had past and the rehearsals had been getting better and better. Hanji had decided to let the kids stay home for that week due to the rehersals going by smoothly. The actors had planned get togethers at each others houses to run lines with each other. Let's see how they're doing shall we?

----------------

~Bertholdt's House~

Reiner paced around Bertholdt's room. "You know Bertl, I think Ymir is just trying to piss me off every time she kisses Krista." The boy had been hung up on this subject for weeks, but still managed to learn his lines and blocking, "Anyway, what do you think we should work on?"

Bertholdt was sitting on his bed, his back against the head post. "D-Don't let it get to you Reiner...The show is only a few weeks away. Once it's over, you won't have to worry about it anymore..." The tall lad glanced down at his script as he began to skim through it. "Um...we should work on Act Two Scene One. That's the scene before the balcony. It's just the two of us in that scene." 

"Alright." Reiner grabbed his script from his backpack, "Who starts it off?"

"Uh...I think I do, let me check." He flipped through the pages. "Here it is. Yup, it's me. You ready?"

Reiner nodded and found the place in the script.

Bertholdt looked away from his script, hoping his lines were memorized.
"Romeo! My cousin Romeo!"

Reiner cleared his throat and continued to pace around the room,
"He is wise; and, on my lie, hath stol'n him home to bed."

Bertholdt continued, not glancing at his script
"He ran this way, and leap'd this orchard wall: Call, good Mercutio."

Reiner paused and read over his lines before speaking slower than usual,
"Nay, I'll conjure too. Romeo! Humours! Madman! Passion! Lover! Appear thou in the likeness of a sigh: Speak but one rhyme, and I am satisfied; Cry but 'Ay me!' pronounce but 'love' and 'dove;' Speak to my gossip Venus one fair word, one nick-name for her purblind son and heir, Young Adam Cupid, he that shot so trim, when King Cophetua loved the beggar-maid! He heareth not, he stirreth not, he moveth not; The ape is dead, and I must conjure him. I conjure thee by Rosaline's bright eyes, by her high forehead and her scarlet lip, by her fine foot, straight leg and quivering thigh and the demesnes that there adjacent lie, that in thy likeness thou appear to us!"

The v-fringed male noticed this, but shook it off. That line was rather long and he understood if Reiner didn't have it memorized all the way just yet. Bertholdt soon continued.
"And if he hear thee, thou wilt anger him." 

Reiner took a moment again,

"This cannot anger him: 'twould anger him to raise a spirit in his mistress' circle of some strange nature, letting it there stand till she had laid it and conjured it down; That were some spite: my invocation is fair and honest, and in his mistres s' name I conjure only but to raise up him."

Bertholdt looked to his best friend.
"Come, he hath hid himself among these trees, to be consorted with the humorous night: Blind is his love and best befits the dark."

Reiner was better on this line, not by much but it went smoother than the previous ones.

"If love be blind, love cannot hit the mark. Now will he sit under a medlar tree, and wish his mistress were that kind of fruit as maids call medlars, when they laugh alone. Romeo, that she were, O, that she were an open et caetera, thou a poperin pear! Romeo, good night: I'll to my truckle-bed; This field-bed is too cold for me to sleep: Come, shall we go?"