Chapter Twenty Three

The cast gathered in the cafeteria talking, laughing and getting out of costumes after the show. Parents and friends were with them taking pictures and fawning over them. Ilse was going from person to person asking about the show, and Ymir and Krista's little romance.

Connie was the first of the rest of the friend group to burst through the cafeteria doors. "You guys were amazing!"

Jean was next pushing past Connie acting like he hadn't been crying as he made his way over to Marco, "Yeah guys really amazing."

Marco smiled brightly to Jean and Connie, answering for everyone, since they were with their families and Marco's family wasn't in there yet. "Thanks you guys!"

Ymir's foster parents were busy doting over Ymir and how well she had done. As well as how cute she and Krista were together.

Reiner was posing for pictures with Bertholdt as their parents took pictures, "Wasn't Bert great Ma?!"

Mrs. Braun nodded, "Oh yes! You were incredible Bertholdt sweetie!"

Bertholdt blushed. "A-Ah thank you Mrs. Braun."

Miss Hoover smiled sweetly at her son. "Honey, I am SO proud of you."

"T-Thanks Mom." He smiled.

Just then, Annie walked by. Miss Hoover happened to see her and what happened next nearly made Bertholdt's heart stop.

"Annie sweetie! Are you busy at the moment? Would you like to get a picture with Bertholdt?!"

"M-Mom!" Bertholdt blurted out, sweat began pouring down his face. He was blushing furiously.

"Yeah, come on Bertl." Reiner encouraged nudging his friend. "All three of us can get a picture together."

Annie had agreed to take a photo with the two of them. Mrs. Braun and Miss Hoover took more photos of them. 

"Alright, now just Bertholdt and Annie now." Miss Hoover cooed.

Bertholdt nearly felt like he was going to faint. "I-I um.."

Annie looked up at him. "Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah! I'm fine!" Bertholdt nervously chuckled towards her. He felt his cheeks burning.

Thankfully, the photo was taken pretty quick and the tall sweaty beanpole took his handkerchief out of his pocket and wiped the sweat of his forehead. 

"Hey, Bertholdt." Annie spoke up. "You did really well tonight, just thought I'd let you know."

Bertholdt's blush returned. "O-Oh! Um...thank you Annie....You d-did well too."

Reiner beamed as he watched the exchange. As he usually did when Bertholdt talked to Annie without being a total nervous wreck around Annie.

Just then, Sasha burst open the door with a few baked goods in her hands and a half-eaten cookie in her mouth. She placed the sweets down on the table and finished her cookie, scarfing it down. She then spotted Krista and squealed. "KRISTA!" She exclaimed, sprinting over to the small blonde and hugged her. "Oh my gosh! You were incredible!"

Krista laughed as she hugged the girl back. "Thank you so much Sasha!"

Armin clung to Eren, still crying over the play, "You were so good!" He said to his friend, "Krista and Ymir were so perfect!" He continued to compliment.

Eren patted Armin's back lightly, "Thank you Armin."

Armin wiped his tears, "What did you think of it Mikasa?"