Chapter Fifteen

The Next Morning: Show Day (Saturday)

~Reiner's House~

It was a beautiful spring morning. The birds were chirping their merry little harmonies. The warm beams of morning sunlight gently crept through the curtains of the Braun's living room.

Reiner snorted and turned over in his sleep, "Oh Krista~" he muttered in his sleep. "Yes I have been working out."

Bertholdt lightly snored as he gently turned his head in his sleep. He was in one of his wacky sleeping positions. His back was slightly turned to his left, arched over the arm rest of the sofa. His right leg was sticking out like a ballerina's...except not pointed. If one where to look at it, it would be a 90 degree angle. His one arm up over his head. Captain Axel was still on the taller male's lap on the couch.

A moment or two later, Mrs. Braun entered the living room. She noticed that the boys were still asleep. She crossed her arms over her chest, shaking her head with a motherly smile. "What am I going to do with them?" She asked herself quietly. It was then that she noticed Bertholdt's sleeping pattern. She placed a finger on her cheek, tapping it gently. She was told by Reiner that those sleeping patterns the tallest male had could predict the weather. Of course, she didn't believe this fully, but it was fun to guess what they could mean. Her gold iris's eyed Bertholdt's sleeping pattern. "Hmmm...it might rain later on today...or maybe the sun will come out again tomorrow."

It was then that she noticed Captain Axel sleeping besides Bertholdt, his head resting comfortably upon the lad's lap. Mrs. Braun glanced towards the dog, then to Reiner (who was making out with his hand), to Bertholdt, then back to the dog. A small mischievous grin grew on her lips. This gave her an idea. She tiptoed over to Captain Axel and knelt down besides him, stroking his back carefully. "Captain Axel," She cooed quietly, attempting to wake the dog up. Captain Axel groaned and looked up at Mrs. Braun with a light bark. The woman chuckled. "Good morning," She smiled as she continued to pet the dog. "I need you to do me a favor. I have to finish making breakfast and get ready for work. Could you wake up Reiner and Bertholdt for me?"

Captain Axel got off of the couch and stretched, "Boof!" He replied quietly and pranced over to Reiner. He began to lick the boy's face.

"Oh Krista~" Reiner once again muttered and put his arms around the dog's neck, "Your hair is so soft." He sighed, "You sure are using a lot of tongue..." He said before he woke up from his deep sleep. His golden eyes widened in surprise and disgust. "Ugh! Captain Axel!" Reiner whined. The dog wagged his tail, satisfied with himself and barked.

Mrs. Braun snickered quietly as she snuck out of the living room to continue making breakfast in the kitchen. "Good Boy," She said to herself.

As Reiner wiped off his mouth, the dog made his way to Bertholdt. He put his paws on the boy's lap and barked loudly. Bertholdt's eyes instantly shot open, letting out a little yelp as he nearly fell off the couch. Thankfully, he grasped the arm rest before he could. He lifted his head, feeling a few drops of sweat rolling down his face. He wasn't fully awake yet, despite the loud bark from the Saint Bernard.

"J-Just...five...more minutes..." The v-fringed male mumbled, his eyes drooping down once more.

Captain Axel licked the boy's cheek and barked again. The dog wasn't going to let him sleep in anymore. With a slight chuckle, Bertholdt wiped his cheek with the sleeve of his shirt. "Alright, Alright. I'm up." A yawn soon escaped his lips as he reached over to scratch the dog behind the ears gently.

The Saint Bernard wagged his tail once again and barked happily standing in the middle of the living room waiting for the two boys to get up fully.