Chapter Three

First Rehearsal: 4:45 PM

"Alright, let's try this again." Hanji said to Reiner, Ymir, Bertholdt and Eren who were on stage. They had run the Mercutio and Tybalt death scene five times already and the reason they kept redoing it... was because of Eren. The smaller boy went back to his place on one side while Ymir made her way to the other side. "Bertholdt, can you recite your line before Tybalt comes in?" Hanji asked the tallest male. 

Bertholdt nodded. "Y-Yes Miss Hanji." He glanced down at his script. Then he glanced back up, pointing off stage.

"By my head, here come the Capulets!"  

Reiner waved his hand dismissively, "By my heel, I care not."

Eren's delivery was normal at first confidant even if a bit shaky,
"Follow me close, for I will speak to them. Gentlemen, good den: a word with one of you."

Reiner scoffed and turned to face Eren,
"And but one word with one of us? couple it with something; make it a word and a blow."

Eren scowled, but it was hard to tell if he was acting or not.
"You shall find me apt enough to that, sir, an you will give me occasion."

Reiner turned his head away once more,
"Could you not take some occasion without giving?"

Eren spoke calmly, for once,
"Mercutio, thou consort'st with Romeo,--"

Reiner abruptly interrupted,
"Consort! what, dost thou make us minstrels? an thou make minstrels of us, look to hear nothing but discords: here's my fiddlestick; here's that shall make you dance. 'Zounds, consort!"

Bertholdt leaned into Reiner's right side and spoke quietly, but loud enough for the audience to hear. "We talk here in the public haunt of men: Either withdraw unto some private place, And reason coldly of your grievances, Or else depart; here all eyes gaze on us."

Reiner turned from Bertholdt and took a step towards Eren,
"Men's eyes were made to look, and let them gaze; I will not budge for no man's pleasure, I."

Ymir enters from one side of the stage and approaches the others while Eren regains his composure and speaks,
"Well, peace be with you, sir: here comes my man."

Reiner stepped in front of Ymir with a scowl, 
"But I'll be hanged, sir, if he wear your livery: Marry, go before to field, he'll be your follower; Your worship in that sense may call him 'man.'"

Eren lightly pushed Reiner away from Ymir with the back of his hand,

"Romeo, the hate I bear thee can afford no better term than this,--thou art a villain."

Ymir frowned and shook her head,
"Tybalt, the reason that I have to love thee doth much excuse the appertaining rage to such a greeting: villain am I none; Therefore farewell; I see thou know'st me not."

Eren put his hand on his prop sword and got close to Ymir's face,
"Boy, this shall not excuse the injuries that thou hast done me; therefore turn and draw."

Ymir backed away from Eren her hands up in a submissive position,

"I do protest, I never injured thee, but love thee better than thou canst devise, Till thou shalt know the reason of my love: And so, good Capulet,--which name I tender as dearly as my own,--be satisfied."

Reiner gave a dissatisfied snarl and placed himself between Eren and Ymir, his sword drawn,
"O calm, dishonourable, vile submission! Alla stoccata carries it away. Tybalt, you rat-catcher, will you walk?"