Chapter Six

~Ymir's House~

Ymir sat at her desk with her script in hand, "I think we should work on the party scene. We haven't really gotten a chance to go over it yet."

Krista brushed off her dress gently as she sat in one of the chairs. "I agree. Miss Hanji hasn't really gone over that scene either. I think it's because Eren refuses to wear the neck ruffles and Mister Mike has to force them on him."

"Well, he's going to have to wear them sooner or later. We might as well be ready when everyone else isn't"

"Yeah," Krista finally found the page in the script. "Ah, here it is. Do you want me to read Eren's and Mister Smith's lines? I see they have a few before our scene..."

"Nah, I think we can skip their stuff," Ymir flipped to the scene in her script.

Krista smiled. "Okay, so do you start or is it me?" 

"I start," Ymir turned to face Krista and began reciting her lines,
"If I profane with my unworthiest hand this holy shrine, the gentle fine is this: My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand to smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss."

Krista didn't look at her script at all, staring back at Ymir
"Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much, which mannerly devotion shows in this; for saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch, and palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss."

Ymir didn't need to look at her script, but to avoid the awkwardness she might feel she did as she continued,
"Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too?"

"Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer."  Krista answered with a gentle smile. 

Ymir lowered her script slightly,
"O, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do; They pray, grant thou, lest faith turn to despair."

"Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake." Krista's eyes lowered then glanced back up towards her.

Ymir leaned slightly towards her,
"Then move not, while my prayer's effect I take. Thus from my lips, by yours, my sin is purged."

Krista slowly began to lean in as well, "Then have my lips the sin that they have took."

Ymir paused and looked over the script,

"Sin from thy lips? O trespass sweetly urged! Give me my sin again." 

Silence. Ymir glanced up at Krista, "It, uh, says here that we're supposed to kiss after that line."

Krista leaned in to glance at Ymir's script. "You're right.." She looked up at Ymir. "...should we?"

"I mean, only of you want to..." Ymir shrugged trying to act cool.

"Yeah, since we need to practice" Krista glanced away with a shrug, then glanced back to the taller girl "...if you want, I could-" 

Before Krista could continue her sentence, Ymir's door suddenly opened. The taller girl backed away quickly fearing it was her foster parents or sister, but it was only her cat, Fred. Krista turned to face the door and gasped, her eyes twinkling in the dim room. 

"Oh my gosh! Ymir! You never told me you had a cat!" Krista exclaimed, springing up from her chair and made her way over to the feline. "Awww, it's so cute!"

Fred seemed hostile towards Krista at first, but when he noticed Ymir wasn't uncomfortable he approached Krista and rubbed up against her leg.

"Yeah, this is Fred." Ymir smiled lightly at her cat.

Krista smiled and carefully stroked Fred's head. His fur was like silk. "Wow, he's so soft!" She cooed happily. The small blonde turned to face Ymir. "Is it okay if I pick him up?"

Ymir nodded, "He really only likes the people that I like. So you should be fine."

The smaller girl beamed even brighter as she crouched down to pick Fred up. She held him gently in her arms. Fred meowed and shifted in the girl's arms until he was comfortable. The blonde thought he was the cutest cat she had ever seen.

 "So, I'm guessing he doesn't like Reiner very much, since you two always fight." giggled Krista.

"Well, he's never met Reiner, but I am totally positive that he wouldn't like him." Ymir reached over to scratch his head lightly and Fred purred.

Krista sat back down in the chair with Fred now in her lap, stroking the cat's silky coat. "How long have you had him?" Krista asked Ymir, glancing back up at her.

"About four years. I got him when my foster parents officially adopted me. He was kind of like a present I guess."

"Ah I see," The blonde responded, continuing to pet the cat. "I've always wanted a cat, but my father and half-sister are allergic." 

"You're always welcome to come over and hang out with Fred." Ymir grinned, "He seems to really like you."

The cat closed his eyes softly and snuggled up against Krista continuing to purr.

The blonde looked up, her blue eyes wide with surprise. "You really mean it Ymir?"

"Of course!" Ymir nodded, "I like having you over and Fred does too, and if Fred likes you everyone in this house likes you."

Krista smiled to her friend. "Thank you Ymir. That's so sweet of you."

Ymir shrugged and stared at Krista with a soft smile for a few moments before snapping herself out of her daze, "So, do you wanna keep going? Or do you just wanna hang out with Fred?"

"I say we take a small break for a bit. We can go back to practicing later." Krista said politely. 

Ymir nodded and threw her script onto her desk, Cockblocked by a cat....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reiner would be pleased with Fred, but Fred won't be pleased with Reiner.