Chapter Twelve

"Do you want the bed or floor this time?" Reiner asked as he and Bertholdt entered his bedroom.

The taller male shrugged. "It really doesn't matter to me...I'll...uhm...take the floor I guess."

Reiner nodded with a smile, "Captain Axel will be happy about that." He teased, "All your stuff is in the bottom drawer of my dresser by the way."

Bertholdt smiled and rolled his eyes playfully at Reiner's remark. He knew that the dog would be very happy. He turned his head to face his friend, "Thanks."

"No problem." Reiner kicked off his shoes and shoved them under his bed, "So what do you wanna do tonight?"

"Hmm...I don't know...umm...what do you want to do?"

'How about watch a movie? My dad rented a few yesterday and told me I could watch them." Reiner suggested.

Bertholdt nodded. "S-Sure! What kind of movies did he rent?"

"Freddy vs Jason, Orphan, Chucky, Bride of Chucky and I think that's it."

Bertholdt's face nearly lost all its color. Oh no...Horror movies. "O-Oh...uhh..cool." He nervously chuckled. 

"So what one do you want to watch?" Reiner asked pulling a pair of shorts out of his dresser.

"U-Uh...um...It-It really doesn't matter...y-you can pick the film we watch." The taller male stammered. Ever since he was a little kid, horror movies were the films Bertholdt couldn't watch. They just scared him too much. Yet, this was for Reiner and he didn't want to be a bad guest.

"Alright, let's go for Freddy vs Jason." Reiner decided. He knew his best friend wasn't too fond of horror movies, but that one wasn't too bad. A little bit ridiculous in Reiner's opinion.

"O-Okay..." Bertholdt's lips formed a small smile, followed by another nervous chuckle. "Are we going to watch it downstairs?"

"If you want to. My parents won't be back until later. They went out for a little tonight." Reiner shrugged, "We could watch it up here I just have to hook up the DVD player."

"Either way is fine with me Reiner..."

"Downstairs then." Reiner grabbed a blanket for Bertl and then one for himself.

"O-Okay." Bertholdt grabbed a pair of his clothes from the bottom drawer of Reiner's dresser. "I-I'll meet you down there, I'm going to go change." He said.

Reiner nodded and made his way to his living room where Captain Axel was relaxing on the couch. "Hey buddy! Be sure to sit next to Bertl tonight okay? He might need it."

The Saint Bernard glanced up at his owner and answered with a gentle bark. 

Meanwhile, Bertholdt was in the bathroom. He had changed into a short-sleeved shirt and a pair of shorts. He stared at his reflection in the mirror. "Alright Bertholdt. You can do this...It's just a movie...It's not real...Don't be a burden..." With a deep breath, he exited the bathroom and made his way downstairs.

Reiner had already put in the movie and sat in one of the chairs with the remote. "Hey, you can share the couch with the Captain."

"A-Alright." Bertholdt nodded. The gentle giant made his way over to the couch and sat down on the other side, making sure that the dog had room.

Captain Axel gave a small groan and turned to rest his head on Bertholdt's lap gently. The tall v-fringed male glanced down and began to pet the dog's soft coat. Having the dog by his side had really calmed his nerves. Reiner waited a second before pressing play. Once the movie started, the blond settled into the chair occasionally glancing at his friend to gauge whether he should turn off the movie or not. Bertholdt was taking small deep breaths as the movie began. He had to stay calm. He was sixteen years old, he could conquer his fear of horror movies. How hard could it be? The boy bit his bottom lip as sweat formed on his forehead. His hands were trembling a bit, but it wasn't bad...yet.