Chapter Sixteen

~The Same Morning~

~Ymir's House~

Ymir was sound asleep on her floor cuddling one of her pillows tightly with a small puddle of drool under her cheek. Her hair was a mess and her blankets were halfway across the room, she tossed and turned a lot in her sleep until she found the perfect position. Meanwhile, Krista laid fast asleep in the bed, cuddled in the blankets. Her hair was still perfectly fine from the night before. Fred had been sleeping at Krista's feet, but he decided that he wanted to be fed. So the cat jumped off the bed and landed hard on Ymir's side.

"Oof!" Ymir exclaimed as she woke up, "That hurt you damn cat." She grumbled and pet his head lightly. "I'll get you your breakfast in a minute." Ymir stood and looked over to Krista a light blushed crossed her face as she looked at the sleeping girl.

Fred then jumped onto the sleeping blonde's chest and batted her nose lightly.

Krista wiggled her nose as her sapphire blue eyes slowly fluttered open. A light smile appeared on her face as she petted the cat gently. "Good morning to you too Fred." She said quietly.

Ymir continued to watch as the girl woke up, but quickly turned away and stretched as if she had just gotten up. Her face was bright red and she refused to let Krista know what she was watching her sleep... That's just creepy. "Morning Krista," She yawned and turned around once she felt she was no longer blushing, but she had forgotten to wipe the drool off of her cheek.

Krista sat up in bed as she turned to see Ymir. Her smile grew a bit. "Morning Ymir. Did you sleep well?" She asked. 

Ymir nodded, "How about you?" She asked kicking her pillows and blankets to the side. She would just pick them up later.

"Pretty good." She responded politely. 

"Good... You wanna get some breakfast?" She motioned towards the door with a slight nod of her head.

"Sure." Krista nodded, getting out of bed.

Ymir opened the door to her room and walked downstairs followed closely by Fred.

"Good morning Ymir!" A woman, Ymir's foster mom, said from the kitchen table.

"Morning Helen," Ymir said as she walked past the man and woman sitting there.

Krista peaked her head into the kitchen before entering it. She wanted to impress Ymir's foster parents...but she knew that she could do that by just being herself. "Good Morning Mister and Mrs. Langnar." She greeted sweetly.

"And good morning to you Krista!" Mrs Langnar replied with a smile. Her foster parents didn't look all that different from Ymir. They all had freckles and dark hair, but Ymir was somehow discernible from her adoptive parents.

Krista gave them a smile. To the youthful blonde, they seemed very nice. Nicer than her parents at least. Well, that was a lie. Her father was alright, but her mother wasn't as nice as the Langnars' were. "So, what is for breakfast?" asked Krista curiously.

"Oh, I'm sorry sweetie. We don't have anything to make you." Mrs. Langnar apologized, "But there's cereal in the top cabinet if you'd like."

Ymir had already grabbed a box of Coco Puffs and poured herself a bowl.

"So Ymir," Started Mr. Langnar, "I heard you singing that song you've been practicing for weeks. You were supposed to sing it to that person you like right? Did you let Krista hear it?"

"Harold!" Ymir hissed hoping that Krista was too distracted with talking to her foster mother to hear the conversation.

Krista nodded to Mrs. Langnar. "Oh, that's okay! Thank you!" said Krista politely and she made her way over to the top cabinet. There was only one problem however...she was too small. The blonde stood on her tip-toes as she tried to reach the cabinet.