Speed Bumps

---

Quick Chapter Description, (I'm going to start doing these from now on): David trains to do some dramatic upgrades to his drifting power. The 87 challenges David openly. He accepts.

---

David leaned on his Evo's hood. He looked up at the stars from the start line of Kobushi. Yasuga sat in the back seat snoring. He had asked him to see David's drifts in the Evo with him there.

David smiled, it was probably going to take a lot of cleaning to get rid of the smell of Yasuga's piss. David stared at the stars and looked at his watch: 11:07.

David sighed and got back in his Evo. The slamming of the car door woke up Yasuga.

"Oh! Uh sorry I was-" Yasuga said rubbing his eyes.

David ignored him and keyed the ignition. 

"David, are you going to race down the mountain now?" 

David nodded and pressed the gas.

"Oh ho ho!!" Yasuga said noticing the sound of the engine.

David smirked, he accelerated quickly an gripped the inside drifting quickly.

"David don't you think we're going a little fast??" Yasuga said as David kept pressing the gas and began to dive at high speed into a corner.

"Nope, this one of my slowest corners." David said flicking to left quickly.

"WHOAA!! This is fast David slow down!!" Yasuga said gripping his seatbelt.

David sighed and said,"You wanted to see my corners? Here you go."

David did a tight 35 degree hairpin in seconds, Yasuga screaming and crying the whole way.

David looked at Yasuga.

"David!! Slow down!!"

David kept increasing speed, the Evo doing a tight hairpin left and Yasuga kept screaming.

David ignored Yasuga freaking out. 

He kept being concentrated no matter the noise.

David began a straightaway, Yasuga in a fetal position in his bucket seat.

David's hands moved aptly, changing gears and lightly touching the steering wheel, flying around a U bend quickly.

"DAVID!! SLOW DOWN!! PLEASE!!"

David didn't drop a hair of speed.

David sighed and thought,'This is so slow already...'

The Evo jumped around a corner accelerating rapidly. In a flash David changed gears and kept the same pace, barely hitting the brakes.

Yasuga stopped crying and saw how swiftly David entered the corner.

His face was calm and focused, and his hands moved as lightly and as precise as a surgeon's.

Yasuga smiled and cheered,"YAH!! This is awesome!!"

Yasuga began to enjoy the ride.

He kept smiling and cheered.

David smirked, and did a sweep and a tail whip, flashy and not that fast, but it looked cool.

David asked,"Want to see a quick left flick?"

"Yeah!"

David intentionally started to fishtail and dove through a corner, the inertia drift pulling quickly through a corner.