The Comets Clash Again! (Pt. 2)

(The Clip above plays, the two comets keep fighting!!)

Ry's FC dove around a wide left hairpin, drifting quickly. He was counter steering perfectly, controlling his drift the whole way through.

David gripped his steering wheel and drifted after him.

The Green Evo drove after him, David's misfiring system whipping the air with a huge CRACK!!

David accelerated into a corner, drifting right behind the white FC, counter steering lightly the whole way.

David frowned,'My tires still have a lot of strength, and I've barely used my brakes the whole match. The only problem is, he has the same car condition.'

Ry counter steered left, hitting the gas and hitting the brakes, screeching around a right corner with the Evo fast on his tail.

---

"Keisuke," Kenta said,"Does Ryosuke have an advantage leading on the uphill?"

"Not really."

"Huh?"

"Akagi is one of the flattest courses around, so who ever is ahead or behind has no advantage besides the regular ones. Car weight and horsepower mean nothing on Akagi's uphill, because the mountain is just not that steep."

"Wow, so that mean Ryosuke owns the race right?"

"I think so, its hard to pass someone on the uphill, but that Evo is a Mitsubishi make, which always accelerates faster than Aniki's FC. But still, Ryosuke has superior cornering technique regardless of car specs."

----

David hit the gas accelerating into a hairpin, drifting left and right behind Ry.

Ry hit the gas, his white FC roaring into a corner, drifting tightly right, the Evo still behind him on the inside.

"I can't follow his line well! He's too fast!!" David said, seeing the white FC roar up a straightaway.

Ry pressed the gas, increasing the gap between them, drifting right through a skilled uphill corner, David's Evo behind him a little bit.

David's knuckles were pale as paper, slamming the brakes and doing an incredibly fast over steer, catching up to Ryosuke after a hairpin.

The next hairpin came and Ry shook the Evo off his tail, flying into a left corner, leaving David behind, forcing him to slam the brakes again, screeching through his drift the whole way.

'Man,' David,'I don't know how I'm going to pass him during a drift! I'm just outmatched on these hairpins!!'

The white FC did a tail whip around an uphill arc, David pressing the gas and drifting the whole way around, not hitting the brakes.

David quickly took the outside, his Mitsubishi engine roaring, drifting into a wide left corner quickly.

"Even I can't drift that well from the outside line!" Ryosuke said seeing the Green Evo press to his bumper on the corner,"No matter, I still have the inside!!"

The white FC flew into the hairpin doing a complicated right hairpin, doing a Kansei drift like a master.

"Kansei drift?" David asked, drifting right next to Ry,"I can't believe how much he's improved! To drift at that speed, it takes a perfectly balanced car with a driver who understands it perfectly!"

Ry was drifting impeccably, the FC being controlled perfectly by Ry the whole way through the left corner.

David clenched his jaw,"I can't beat him, even if I go all out and max out my engine, he'll still dominate me on these corners, he just understands these corners better than me, his line choice and steering is just too good!! I guess I'll have to go into suicide mode!!!"