Fourth Target: Sadamine (Downhill)

---

Quick Chapter Description: Riku sets a new downhill record with Sakamoto, but the outcome of the battle with determine the status of the Blue Jet's almost undefeated record, and hot winning streak. Meanwhile David wishes to break what's possible to overcome his mental block.

---

"Kyoko-chan! Wait!!" Kaito ran after her, cursing himself,'Stupid winning streak, I had to make a girl cry!'

"Go away!" She yelled running into the small grove past the guardrail.

"Please I want to talk!"

She sniffled as Kaito ran up to her.

"I didn't want to make you cry, I just..."

"I don't want to talk to you!"

Kaito looked at Kyoko, noticing a tear collect below her eye. He wiped it off with his thumb, smiling at her,"I'm sorry about everything, I didn't want to mess you up, I have to win, I'm sorry."

She sniffled,"My life is crap now, my racing life in pieces, my love life in pieces!"

"Oh, don't say that! You're an amazing driver! The only reason I won is because I know how to balance Skyline during a drift, that's it! Had it been anyone else on the uphill,you'd have won."

"You think so?"

"I know so! And don't think your love life is in pieces, you're beautiful Kyoko-chan."

"Really?" She asked, looking at him.

He nodded,"Of course. I'm sorry for passing you like that. Who's this guy you like?"

"Keisuke Takahashi."

"Damn, he's famous. But you'll get him, don't stop pushing, eventually he'll give in, no guy can reject a girl like you forever."

"Hmm..."

Kaito held her chin in his hand and lay a kiss on her cheek, making her cheek red.

He bowed,"Good bye Kyoko-chan."

She bowed back,"Good bye Kaito."

As he walked away, she touched the spot on her cheek where he kissed her, and thought about what Kaito said,'No guy can reject a girl like you forever...'

--

Kaito picked up the walkie talkie from the top and called the bottom.

"Riku! Riku, you there?" 

"Yeah man right here! I'm going to hug you so hard for winning when I get to the top!"

Riku reached the goal line at the top of Sadamine, and ran out of his S15 towards Kaito and put him in a headlock, giving him a noogie and teasing him and laughing,"Why didn't you tell me you could drift like that? Why didn't you tell me you could you could like that! Huh? Huh?"

"Stop it!" Kaito said pushing,"It was nothing just horsepower!"

"Shut up! That power slide was epic! C'mon, let's go celebrate!!" Riku laughed and drove downhill with Kaito behind him.

--

--

David paused, sitting in his Evo, looking down his home course.

"No one is faster on Kobushi but me! Except for Takumi Fujiwara, I'm gonna put you outta my head for good tonight." He threw away the coffee can in a trash bin at the top of the course.

David got in his Green Evo, starting up the engine, and accelerating instantly, jumping forward as his misfiring system whipped through the air.

He flew down through the first left hairpin, wheeling through it powerfully, despite the speed and precision, some water got on his pant legs.