Fifth Target: Wangan (Kaito vs. Itsumi)

---

Chapter Preview: In a hope to beat the sleek and fast NSX with a history, Kaito gears up to race the fastest car the Wangan has ever seen.

David also gains an unlikely ally...

---

At Kenchi's workshop, Kenchi put the last of the screw into the NSX, drilling the black GT Wing into Itsumi's car.

"That's the last screw." Kenchi said.

"Thanks Kenchi, you're a great mechanic."

"You're welcome Ms. Awara."

"Damn, if only I had a turbo charger...." Itsumi said looking at her NSX.

'Foolish girl...' Kenchi thought to himself,'That engine is already the most powerful in Tokyo. Giving it aspirators would just make it an even bigger beast. Does she even know how much power that car of hers has?'

Itsumi checked her tires, thinking,'Plenty of grip for tonight's battle. I wonder who I'm going to race tonight...'

--

Kaito passed his hand along the smoothed part of his R32,"Nice job on the body work, dents completely gone."

Kenchi flicked on a cigarette,"You're welcome. You know that Itsumi's single right?"

Kaito shook his head,"I don't care. She's my opponent."

"Your opponent?" Kenchi asked,"BWAHAHHA!! You serious?"

"Yes."

"She's got the fastest car I've ever seen, you know that thing has basically a jet turbine as an engine right?"

"Yeah so?"

"Pop open that hood of yours." Kenchi said.

Kaito revealed the interior of his R32, Kenchi's cigarette falling out of his mouth,"That's a lot of aspirators. Let me guess, 730, 740 HP?"

"730. Even."

Kenchi shook his head,"That's not enough. No matter how much balancing or tuning you put into this Skyline, there's one factor that always puts you at a disadvantage. Her car is specifically designed by PhDs and engineers, and has more money behind it than either of us will make in our entire lives combined!"

"Hmm, you have a point." Kaito admitted,"But how do you know that NSX has super designing behind it?"

"C'mon! What kind of basic NSX has a quad turbo 4T-BH Honda engine? Those aren't even remotely legal they're so powerful!! If you tune her out to the maximum wanna know much that NSX will push?"

Kaito got his keys off the rack and closed the hood to his R32.

"I don't care." Kaito said driving away.

"1035 HP, I crunched the numbers!!" Kenchi said.

Kaito didn't hear, but he knew that it was huge.

As Kaito drove away, Kenchi thought,'That boy doesn't stand a chance. There isn't a single R32 in the world that is at that level of strength. She's so powerful her designers named her Lady Endbringer...'

His misfiring system kicked, accelerating down the highway, his mind filled with questions,'Why does her car have to be so powerful, why can't it just be a regular NSX? That would make things go by so much easier!!'

'She must be so fast, can I beat her?'

'That NSX is so sleek, so powerful, so aerodynamic, so light! How much speed is she gonna pull off tonight?'