Breaking Through

--

Chapter Preview: David is about to run into a harder obstacle than any challenge before him: A new and improved Keisuke Takahashi. 

Kaito realizes his power and sneaks off one night for a night that will go down in street racing history...

All

--

Keisuke flew past the first hairpin on Akagi, a sharp left, drifting powerfully, controlling his over steer wildly.

Ryouske eyed his jaw, seeing it clenched each time he entered a corner.

Keisuke changed gears and shifted his speed into a four wheel drift too early, his concentration off. 

Ryosuke frowned, thinking,'Keisuke's drifting is skilled and fast, but there's just something off about him. He goes into the right gear at the right time, but he's not gauging properly.' He thought seeing his brother break traction at the wrong time.

Keisuke gripped the steering wheel in frustration, leaning forward and turning too strongly to the right, counter steering incorrectly but still doing a very fast power slide.

Ryouske kept observing and thinking, his genius showing off when he noticed tiny things coming up with a conclusion to his brothers missteps,'Something's bothering him. I know it, he hesitates too much when executing a slide or a roll, more than usual. Unless we find out what it is, he'll be stuck with mediocre drifts for when David rolls out for Akina, and we'll loose our chance.'

Keisuke hit the steering wheel in frustration, and he said bitterly,"There's something wrong with the second turbine again! I'm not going fast enough into these corners!!"

His brother reprimanded him heavily,"Your FD is at maximum capacity, she was inspected last night! You're the one who's failing."

Keisuke felt his knuckles tighten around the steering wheel,"You're right Aniki, I don't know what's wrong with me but I can't roll like I used to, I don't know what's up!!"

Keisuke failed to do another correct right hairpin and Ryosuke sighed saying,"You have the potential to be better than me Keisuke, all we need to do is let you harvest that potential."

Ryosuke smirked,"Is that girl Kyoko throwing you off?"

"OH my god bro! Stop! Shut up! Shut up! You have no clue what you're talking about!!" Keisuke said quickly before gripping the inside and drifting in a round arc smoothly.

'That roll was better, but something is still throwing him off.' Ryosuke thought.

They reached the bottom, Keisuke instantly asking his brother,"How'd I do?" He smiled hoping Ryosuke would say something nice.

"Pretty badly if I'm being honest, those were some of your worst hairpins." Ryosuke said calmly,"But I don't think it's a problem with your car or your skills. It's a psychological problem." He said tapping his little brother's forehead.

Keisuke's smile died,"Wait you don't mean-"

"Yup, we're going to Dr. Akamura's office."

"No! I hate that guy. You're kidding me!"

"We'll head out tomorrow morning. You need to get some sleep, you look tired little brother."

-

Ryosuke flipped through his car magazine, looking at new models of cars.

Keisuke leaned his head back in his chair and groaned,"Aniki...why're you making me do this?"

"Stop your whining, a driver's greatest weapon is his-"