The Comets Clash Again! (Pt. 1)

---

Chapter Summary: David is challenged to a battle that will test his skills in every way, and will show how far his old rival has come since their last battle.

---

David explained how he beat Nakazato,"First I realized to beat a car with so much horsepower, I'd need a powerful upgrade to eventually stay ahead when he attacked. I knew I could win if he was chasing me, because if I kept my eyes on the road the whole time, I'd never feel the pressure of being chased."

"If you never looked in your rear view mirror, how'd you know he was attacking?" Riku asked.

"I looked at the light on the sides of my car, when a car is about to attacks, its headlights illuminate which lane its about to attack on, so all I had to do was pay attention to the lights, and the match was mine."

"Were you so sure letting him chase you would've resulted in victory?"

"Yes, it was that or chase him, and he would've just stayed ahead the whole time, that R32 had enough engine power to stay ahead the whole match actually."

"Damn, you are one master of strategy David..." Riku said awed.

"Thanks, also I put up those cameras because Kaito said he'd only give me all that new horsepower and systems if I got him Rin Hojo's R32."

"Aren't you afraid of it?" Riku asked looking behind him to see the black beast being driven by Kaito on the high way.

"I'm never afraid of any driver, had I panicked during the race, Nakazato could've killed me."

"I'm sure Kaito is happy he got such a powerful car." Riku said.

"So, what do you plan to do when we're back home on Kobushi?" Riku asked.

"Simple," David said looking at Riku,

"Train."

----

(The clip above is just some chill music to play while Kaito works on the R32)

In his garage, Kaito sighed looking at his R32 next to his Sileighty.

He rolled up his sleeves, and put his white mask over his mouth, and put on some shades before picking up his paint sprayer and kneeling and getting to work.

He sprayed the blue paint over the R32, covering the old black paint job, the new blue paint job glittering as he worked, Kaito sweating from the job.

Every little detail on the R32 Kaito covered, whenever he missed a spot, he covered it with some blue paint. He spent hours bent over his R32, making sure the blue paint was perfect, covering up every trace of the black before it.

Kaito wiped sweat from his brow, sighing and putting his hands on his hips. He looked at the R32, the paint job was finished.

He sat in the sun, reading a motorsport magazine while he waited for the R32's new paint job to dry.

A couple of neighbors walked by, complimenting him on his car.

A couple of teens from Saitama High School who just got out from school rode by on their bicycles, whistling at Kaito's ride.

They waved at Kaito as he said,"Thanks, I worked hard to get it!!"

Kaito sipped his soda, watching cars roll by, waiting for his R32 to dry.