Third Target: Usui Pass

----

Quick Chapter Description: Takeshi has beaten Riku and now has to face one of The Blue Jet's biggest target: Impact Blue. David thinks Takeshi may not be able to defeat them, but Takeshi is out to prove him wrong.

----

David drove calmly down the highway, Kaito was there with him, sitting in the left side seat quietly.

David looked at him,"You okay man?"

"Yeah, its just, Takeshi is great and all, I mean he beat Riku, but uh... I don't think he has what it takes to beat that Sileighty."

"Really? Takeshi is my anchor now, you sure he can't win?"

"I saw how that Sileighty managed to pick the perfect line before diving into that drag drift, no amount of skill can stand up to that."

"I beg to differ, Takeshi is smart, he'll choose the perfect moment to strike, they'll never expect him. How fast do you think that drag drift was?" David asked.

"I don't know, one thirty, one forty kilometers an hour?"

"Nearly 90 miles per hour? Jeez, I think you may have a point."

"I looked over the tapes a lot when I was going over the footage last night, that Sileighty is insanely fast, they understand the course better than anyone, I analyzed the best line choice for each hairpin, and they were right on it every time." Kaito explained.

"By how much were they off? 1 or 2 CM?"

"They weren't off by anything, their technique is immaculate. You know how you almost never decelerate when drifting David?" Kaito asked.

"Yes?..."

"Neither do they, on every hairpin I saw them on the tapes, they dove perfectly, their knowledge of the track is perfect, even if Takeshi is as adaptable as you David I doubt he'll pull off this win."

"Damn, from what you're telling me I think he might loose."

"I hate to say this, but this may be our first loss." Kaito said,"Perhaps you should race them David, you're better and faster than Takeshi."

"No, if I claim every victory, then I'll just be one man team doing all the wins, you guys will not be ready when I leave. If I win every tough match you have, you'll never know how to be aggressive, I'll have to hold your hands every step of the way." David said.

"Hmm, so Takeshi has to win?"

"Not win, race. Sure we're on a winning streak, but we're not undefeated, Fujiwara and his 86 saw to that."

"And if Takeshi looses, which I'm pretty sure will happen, it doesn't matter?"

"Yup, the point of this is a hands on learning experience, to know what its like to challenge someone on their home course and beat them."

"Huh, I still want Takeshi to win."

"So do I Kaito, so do I."

-----

"So who are these dweebs?" Sayuki asked, hands on her hips.

"They're the Kobushi Blue Jets." Ryuki said,"Ryosuke told me about them. They all have blue paint jobs, high grade turbo chargers, and competitive level gear and technique."

"There's only one great driver on their team, that's David." Mako said,"He beat us, but if he comes here we'll mop the floor with him!"

"They've been training all winter, day and night Mako, they have training from David Friedland, who is the best in Saitama and one of the best in Kanto." Ryuki warned.