Fighting the 87

-----

-----

(Clip above is the battle music for the fight between Ryuki and David. Activate it when Takeshi yells: GO!!)

Takeshi took the space in front of the 87 and the Evo.

"David, no matter what you do, don't underestimate him, he's very good." Riku warned, walking up to David.

"I never underestimate anyone." David said rolling up his window.

David looked at the 87 and thought,'He has significantly less horsepower than me, but his light frame will be an enormous advantage on these tight hairpins. His car is extremely similar to the 86, making this good training!!This is going to be a fun fight!!'

David put his keys into the ignition.

Ryuki, the teen looked down Hirane in concentration. 

He revved his old and weak Honda Engine, it made whispers compared to David's engine.

Takeshi began the countdown.

"10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...."

David and Ryuki put their feet on the gas, ready to battle.

"GO!!!"

David stalled his tires on purpose, and let the 87 take the lead.

'Smart move David, letting the local take the lead.' Riku thought as David ran after him.

A short straightaway began and the 87 moved fast, diving into a corner quickly, and faster than David had ever seen.

'That left dive was faster than Takumi's!! What speed....' David thought.

David pressed the gas and over steered heavily behind Ryuki, as Ryuki kept diving through hairpins, holding his line very strongly, and hugging the inside tightly.

'Riku was right, this kid can drift...' David thought seeing Ryuki do a skilled left drag drift, throttling lightly, but still creating vast amounts of speed.

Ryuki kept diving quickly through hairpins, forcing David to push the Evo heavily, and to use his best under steers to try to keep up.

'He must know this course and every detail in its confines, I've never seen anyone enter a corner so skillfully.' David thought,'He's leaving me behind a little bit after every corner, he's incredible!!'

The 87 did an incredibly fast over steer.

"Damn!!" David said seeing Ryuki dash heavily out of the corner.

Entering another hairpin, David pressed the brakes heavily and lightly turning the steering wheel.

The Evo did a powerful over steer in seconds, flying after Ryuki, his 87 leaving hairpins in moments.

'This guy is great!' Ryuki thought seeing the Evo keep up a little in his rear-view mirror,'But, I've never lost to anyone on this mountain, and I never will!!!'

Ryuki ran down a straightaway, the green Evo flying after him.

'Here's my chance!!' David pressed the gas, trying to take advantage of the weaker Honda engine Ryuki had.

Ryuki didn't even look in his rear-view mirror, he predicted exactly where David would attack and blocked them quickly.

"Whoa....." David said seeing the 87 block each attack and dive into a hairpin instantly.

'This guys's cornering is demonic!!' David thought seeing the 87 fly around an arc in mere moments, leaving the Evo to do one of David's hated arc drifts.