Ryosuke's Advice

---

Chapter Preview: David allows Takumi to tell one person about their secret battle, and Ryosuke gives his most critical advice yet.

---

--Akina, 11:23 PM--

Takumi roared down Akina, the empty tofu boxes in the back of his trunk.

The 86 drifted smoothly, so quickly that the red in its taillights lagged.

Coming out of a hairpin, Takumi looked down the road to see a dark figure leaning on his chrome green car.

Takumi stopped the 86, walking up to David and asking,"You mind telling me what you're doing up here so late?"

"I have something to tell you. You know how a couple of months ago, a told you I wanted to race you again?"

"Yes."

"Well, I'm ready. I've battled enough people to feel I'm ready to battle you. And this'll be it, our final battle."

"Final?"

"Yes. There is a course in Izu, Line 59, near Ikadaba. I've heard of the course from a friend, Hinata. He told me the course is very steep, with tight corners perfect for those who have mastered drifting. I wanted to even out the playing field, so no one will have an advantage knowing the course better than the other driver."

"Izu, that's far..."

"Four hour drive. Since neither of us know the course at all, the battle will be based purely on instinct, driving skill and drifting technique. But I want to tell you the stakes, whoever wins get the big prize: their team gets the ability to conquer Kanto."

"Huh?"

"If I win, the Blue Jets can go wherever they want, and defeat any team they like. And then Project D will not stand in our way. We an pursue targets freely, without you guys showing up like you did here on Akina last night."

"And if I win?"

"The same goes for you. If you win, the Blue Jets stay home on Kobushi, and Project D will be free to pursue targets as well."

"Hmm."

"The battle will be a Sudden Death match, do you have any experience with those?"

"Yes, I do." Takumi said remembering the battle with Impact Blue.

"Great, so you know the rules. If one of us pulls away and leaves the other in the dust, that's the match. I'm going to come up with a balanced method of choosing who leads or follows."

"What like a coin toss or something?"

"You'll see. I'll explain the course to you when we get there. Oh, and you're allowed to tell one person about the battle."

"What? Why?"

"I just want the battle to be me and you. No crowds, no teams, just me and you."

"Oh, can I tell one person? Just one person?"

"Sure, as long as that person doesn't tell anyone."

"All right."

"Good, the battle will be tomorrow night. Take some times to think things over, review your technique and such."

"David?"

"Yes?"

"I look forward to our battle."

"So do I." David said, getting in his Evo and driving off,"I'll be waiting for you!!" He said waving.

--