A new friend

" who?"

" tobor the robot" running towards the robot that layed buried in the sand he brush the dust and grim on his metal arm with his palm. " I built him when I was in kindergarten. just around the corner when we where going to move"

" you name a robot after a robot?" Adriana asked a small memory flashed in her head.

" tobor is robot backwards, I was  young I couldn't really think of that many names" he shrugged.  " it was a robot that would help me with my homework, I tired to build him once but everyone told me I couldn't. So I gave up, and here he is"

" a forgotten dream in the dream graveyard" Sharkboy sighed.

" its not our fault you know? its not our fault that the best dreams that we have just fade away so suddenly." Adriana said walking slowly to the lifeless robot. " sometimes I wish I could go back in time, just to see what my old life was like so I can laugh at how much I've changed. Or... or atleast have a chance to run away from my problems. "

" time" sharkboy chuckled as she looked at him. " one of the many dangerous wishes of human beings. some of wish we could go back in time, just because. yet we hardly pay attention to the effects it has and how we can end up making our lives much, much worse. for some odd reason that's still one of humanity's wishes, not to change the future but to see-"

"  how it would affect the future" they both said in sync. their eyes water as they looked away from each other clenching their fist. 

" maybe he can help us." Lavagirl suggested trying to break up the tension. Standing up she walked among the sand as it melted into glass under her feet. " does it still work?".

" I don't know" max said narrowing his eyes. " its been so long, almost five years to be exact. he's supposed to be very smart though" backing him he eyes the robots face tugging his shirt. " tobor, awake!"

" yes" all of them jumped in shock as the robots eyes opened. its mouth dangled from the sides as he eyed the four kids in front of him. 

" he works! we can ask him anything now" max proclaimed. 

" let me let me" lavagirl gently shoved max to the side. " tell me something about me. I'm clueless"

" actually you are very bright" tobor responded. She smiled as adriana stood up.

" why was I sent here? I mean, do I have a purpose for being here? everyone here has a reason for being on this journey and yet mine is still no clearer than dust."

" you have more use than you think you do. Many people on your planet would think so too."

" how?"

" Your energy contains two amount of power sources. One contains darkness while the other contains light. Each of those sources are equal none greater than the other, but if one were to creak even the littlest bit that side would take over your entire body forever. You would be un able  to switch back to other one. no matter how hard you try that side will rather enchant your entire life of ruin it before your eyes. the choice is yours, to pick and to grant"

Her eyes where wide as her hands became fist. Tears dripped out her eyes as she was shoved to the floor.

" am I king of the ocean or what?" sharkboy asked.

" no, sorry" tobor apologized.

" WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?!" she yelled shoving him to the side.

" your question wasn't THAT important" he spat.    

" and yours was?"

" you where taking I long time."