Trapped

" I could turn everything backs to the way it was."Max mumbled. ," if only I had my journal"

" my fires dimming. " lavagirl muttered grabbing the cages bars. " I can't melt the bars"

" my strength is failing me as well" Sharkboy grunted dropping his hand.

" how much time left Sharkboy?"

" who cares. We're never getting out of here" he mutter falling backwards on the floor.

" it's all my fault, I could of told her. We would of avoided this whole mess, now that she's on his side everything is hopeless" lavagirl muttered supporting herself against the bars. She continued to pass back and forth her breathing timing.

" stop it" max warned grabbing her arms. " you need to rest, your powers are dimming and so is your strength. I need both of you to defeat linus and I can't do so if one of you's gonna doze off half the time"

" I can't sleep, that's what minus wants. If I sleep he wins, he can't win" she whispered leaning on Max's shoulder. He gently shoved her to the wall as she slid to the floor.

"what does she mean?" He asked sharkboy.

" she's been like that since, she would always mention these weird things about herself that even I seize to understand. " sharkboy said. " She won't answer if you question her, it's best to let her say it and move on" sliding onto the floor too max tucked his knees to his chest. Silence thickened the air as their breathing kept quite. suddenly lalas floated inside the cage singing lightly. Sharkboy scoffed as he swatted them away. Max layed back softly holding one in his palms.

" lalas" Lavagirl whispered bouncing them in her palms. Sharkboy swatted them again only for them to sing louder.

" they like you" max smiled.

" I don't feel distracted right now" Lavagirl giggled eyes open. She stood up cupping one in her hands.

" well I do!" Sharkboy growled twisting his ears. " the song is driving me crazy"

" don't worry about him he's a cold fish"

" I'm serious they're singing at a frequency...my highly trained ears...find...ANNOYING" max quickly shifted away from him.

" sing louder sing higher" Lavagirl whispered. Swiftly she grabbed Max's arm pulling him to her. "you don't want to be too close to him when he explodes." She warned as the two stood as far away as possible in fear. Letting go of his ears his eyes turned a pitch dark brown as his teeth sharpened. A loud scream was heard as everything flew across the room.

" SHARK FRENZY" Lavagirl screamed as their hair flew into their eyes.

Swiftly he bit the bars tearing them with his teeth then punched them creating an escape route for them to walk through.

" nice job channeling your anger sharky" lavagirls complemented. he spat out the metal stick in his mouth chuckling nervously.

" heh"