είκοσι

It was almost noon time by the time I woke up. I stretched and turned to my side, seeing Achilles staring at my sleeping form.

"Good Morning" He said huskily as he saw my eyes opened. I almost melted as he looked at me with a contented smile.

"Good Morning, love" I said and smiled as he leaned to give me a kiss.

"Am I still your captive?" I asked him with humor. It was nearly afternoon and I told Briseis that I'll be back in the morning but I know she'd do her best not to make my Father worry.

"Captive is a harsh word. You're my guest" He chuckled. "And besides, I returned you home safely but you just came back"

I smiled and shook my head. "Come here" He said making me sit up straight as Achilles sat beside me and took my hand in his before inspecting my palms.

"You've never worked the fields. Never chopped wood, never carried a milk pail. These are the hands of royalty" He said and lightly caressed it with his pointer finger. I bit my lip and watched him as he raised his own hands and shows them to me.

"My hands are gates to the underworld. All my life I've walked with Death" He said. "But I grow tired of his company."

I looked at him in confusion as he looked deeply into my eyes. "Will you leave everything for the man that you love?" He asked. My eyes widened as he watched my reaction. Leave everything for the man that I love?

"Will you leave Troy behind?" Achilles asked. I looked at his eyes as I thought of it. Could I even possibly leave my Father? My brothers? My people? Could I leave the man who raised me, who gave me food and shelter, who loved me dearly? Could I leave and miss the chance of seeing Hector rule our city one day? Could I leave and miss the chance to see Scamandrius grow and see him fight for his country, just like what his Father does? Could I leave the people that I love for him?

"Achilles-"

"I am not forcing you. I made up my mind, I will sail back home this afternoon. And... I want you to come with me... I want you to be my wife.."

I stood there in shock as I processed what he said. He wants.... me to be his wife?

"My love" I whispered and cupped his face between my hands. For the love of the gods, it was as if Zeus molded Achilles himself. He is the most beautiful man I've ever seen. Hector and Paris are both beautiful but Achilles looks it was as if he was molded by the gods themselves. I stared at him, thanking the gods that he was mine.

"Before I left home my mother told me my fate." He said, my eyes widened a bit.

"She speaks with the gods?" I asked.

"She knows things." Achilles said. "She told me if I stayed home I'd have a long, peaceful life. And if I came to Troy, life would be short... but my name would never be forgotten"

"And... you chose Troy" I whispered and looked down. I still feel disappointed that he came here just for his name. Just so people would remember him.

"But what if Fate brought me here for another purpose? What if I had to go to war to find peace?" He said and used his finger to lift my chin up. His eyes gleamed as he looked at me straight in the eye. "To find you?"

My eyes watered as I looked at him. "Then let's go home" I whispered.

He smiled, pulling me up to my feet before wrapping his huge toned arms around my waist, spinning me around making me shriek at the sudden action, followed by his deep chuckle.