Chapter 10

"True Love is when you are able to see yourself in another, when you recognize that there is no separation between you and any other Being in the Universe." - Joseph P. Kauffman

Her parents arrived and they had dinner as a whole future family. The entire time Itachi took glances and gave her a weak smile from across the table which didn't go unnoticed by Sasuke. She tried to avoid him as much as she could, she didn't want to deepen the wound. Her mother and Mikoto giggled and gossiped on how excited they are to see their future grandkids, while Fugaku nodded ocasionally and changed different advices with her father. Sakura stood quietly near her future husband eating her meal or playing with the food, mostly. Sasuke put a hand on her tigh and sqeezed it, trying to comfort her but it was futile.

"Excuse me, but I have to go to ask Ino  to come tomorrow to help me with the make up." she got up from her cushion, bowing formally. Even though it was past 7, her friend usually goes to sleep past midnight so it won't be a problem. They all nodded. She got out of the dinning room, getting into the hallway. The laughter and giggles could be heard clearly, minus one giggle that she loved. The light from the dinning room gave the hallway a dim light through the opened door.

She put a hand on her heart, letting her tears flow on her face. She wasn't happy. She wanted to die. It hurt to much. Her small sobs were the only thing that could be heard in the hallway. She pressed her back to the wall.

Itachi excused himself as well from the dinner. He needed to go and pack his things for his long travel. Perhaps he will put them in a scroll so it will be easier to carry. As he stepped out of the room, into the hallway, he heard some sobs coming from the darkness. He narrowed his eyes so he could see better. There he noticed a pink head. She was trying to keep her stability, but she failed miserably and collapsed on the floor. She didn't have the strenght to get up. Her weak arms were trembling. She could clearly see the droplets of her tears falling onto the wooden floor.

He hurried to her side, concerned that she may be hurt from the fall.

"Sakura!"

He bent down and tried to help her up but she struggled to get away from his grip. She didn't want to feel this electricity everytime they touched, it wrecked her because she knew she will never get more.

"Don't, Itachi. Just let me here in my misery." she sobbed, hoping that he will go away. But the only thing that she managed to do, was to make his heart break. He hated to see her suffer like this, she didn't deserve this.

"Sakura, please... Let me help you." he whispered, fighting back his tears.

"Just go away, alright? I hate this situation." she wiped her tears with the back of her hand, getting on her feet on her own.

"I hate not being able to make my own choice when it comes to love, I hate my parents, I hate Sasuke, I hate everyone besides...you..." she whispered the last part. His eyes watched her carefully.

"Why am I destined to live in an unhappily marriage? Why do I have to obey everything they say? For the sake of my clan? Well, screw it." she turned her back to him. She clentched her fists, trembling. Her pink strands covered her teary eyes.

"I want love and to be loved. I want to have children from love and to see them waking up every morning hurring to me and my beloved husband, hugging us both before they get to the Academy. I want to wait for my husband to come from a dangerous mission and embrace him in the most meaningful hug, I want to... Be happy. For once in my life. Am I asking for too much?" she turned to him. His eyes were teary as well.

"I don't want to get married..." she whispered.

"I don't want you to get married either." he whispered, looking into her eyes with such love, that she thought she may collapse again.