Chapter 22 - Filler

"We leave something of ourselves behind when we leave a place, we stay there, even though we go away. And there are things in us that we can find again only by going back there." - Pascal Mercier, Night Train to Lisbon

Sasuke came running from his mission as soon as he heard the terrible news. He couldn't believe his ears. He couldn't believe that his brother was capable of something so cruel. He wanted to believe that this was a sick joke. He ran through the huge gates of his beloved village at full speed.

The sky turned red, signaling that the morning was almost here. The letter that he received from the Hokage herself said that there is only one survivor of the clan massacre but she didn't say who. Currently, that person was in the hospital, guarded by two ANBU teams in case that he decided to turn back and finish what he started.

He slammed the doors of the hospital open, making the nurses and doctors that were passing by, jump sightly. They gasped. The image in front of them was horror. Sasuke had his Mangekyou Sharingan activated unconsciously, spinning wildly and piercing through everything. He had sweat all over his handsome face and he was panting heavily like he ran for miles. The truth is that he took a break from his mission and he ran all night long ever since he received the letter.

"Where is the Uchiha survivor?" he shouted.

A brave nurse aproached him, trembling sightly. His voice was desperate and demonic.

"P-please, sir. C-calm down. You will wake the patients."

He grabbed her by her collar, bringing her dangerously close to his face and... Those eyes. She yelped.

"I don't give a damn about your fucking patients! Where is the survivor?" he shouted louder, silencing every present person. They were all trembling and avoided his gaze.

"R-room 112." the nurse stuttered, closing her eyes shut and preparing herself for the worst. He put herself down and started running towards the first floor.

There, in front of the room were three ANBUs who were standing still. He opened the door, forcefully without being questioned. They probably knew who he was, he thought.

At the huge window was another ANBU team, being on alert and searching for any hint of Itachi Uchiha. They felt his presence and chakra and paid no mind. A doctor was present as well. A woman in her 30s, with brown hair and black eyes. Worry was written all over her face as she studied the unconscious figure that laid on the bed. His eyes moved on the body, to that person's face. His eyes widened in relief. He exhaled. The younger Uchiha really hoped that it was her who survived and he had a clue. She is the only one who is not an Uchiha by blood so he would have no business with her. Especially for the fact that his love for her is pure and nobody could convince him to kill her. Not even his hatred.

He approached the pinkette with small and hesitant steps. The doctor stepped aside. His fingertips touched the soft skin of her cheek.

"We don't know what's wrong with her. We didn't find anything wrong, yet she won't wake up." the woman broke the silence.

"She is under a genjutsu." Sasuke said calmly. The doctor exhaled, putting a hand on her chest.

"Thank's Kami!"

His face never left hers. She looked so peaceful, just like she was sleeping. But what did she see in that genjutsu, he wondered. Was he torturing her or was it a peaceful genjutsu? He smiled softly. No, he wouldn't hurt her.

"You must be the father?" the doctor woman asked. Sasuke threw her a confused look, saying "What the hell are you talking about, woman?" .

She pointed towards the pinkette.

"She is pregnant."

Sasuke's eyes widened in shock. He was an uncle? When did this happen? Moreover, did Itachi know? Was it the reason that he didn't kill her? No, he doubted. Otherwise, he would have been too happy to keep the secret away from the rest of the family.

"I am the uncle." he responded with his voice shaking. His eyes were itching from the tears that were threatening to fall. No, Uchihas don't cry, he reminded himself.

His gaze moved again to her face, thinking about how on his way here, he thought about leaving the village, getting more powerful and killing Itachi. But now, that he knew that Sakura was pregnant, he couldn't do it. Maybe he was a man, but it wasn't hard to figure that it won't be easy to be a single mother with no help. No, he had to stay and help with his niece or nephew.

He made some hand signs and pressed his palm to her forehead. She gasped for air and opened her eyes wide. She stood up on her bum, looking at her right and left, panicked. Her breaths were irregular. Her entire body started to shake franatically from head to toes. She gripped her hair tight in her fists.

"No, no, no, no!" she screamed, making the ANBU team look at her. She held her knees to her chest and started rocking like a mad woman, her face buried  in her knees.

"No, why?" she whispered. "Itachi, no. Don't go... Itachi..." she whispered with tears in her eyes. "Pregnant... 'tachi." she continued murmuring, not observing that there were people in the same room as her.

"Noooo!" she shouted, pulling her hair.

"Sakura, hey, Sakura..." Sasuke placed his palms on both of her cheeks, looking into her eyes but he found nothing. Her eyes were empty. They missed that usual spark. He held her to his chest, her face buring in his clothes.

"'tachi don't leave us..." her voice broke as she cried her eyes out. "Please..." she whispered. She held tight onto his shirt. He closed his eyes shut, rocking her like a little baby and trying to comfort her. It wouldn't be good for her mental health, heck, it won't be good for the kid either. That bastard... He made a silent promise to himself to kill him. Before he could lay his filthy hands on that precious child.

________________________________

There will be other fillers. Aha, I'm not sorry. I like to make people wait for the important part. But... In my opinion, these fillers are pretty interesting, now I don't know you would see them. Enjoy!