Epilogue

*Four years later*

Itachi took Sakura's hand as they were walking through the small village. The festival was about to begin and people were excited for the fireworks.

"Hn, tomorrow I should assign more shinobis to guard the gates. You may never know what it could occur." he told his pink haired wife.

Four years ago when they arrived into this small village, it was kind of poor. Itachi, Sakura and Sarada helped people by building houses and planting trees with fruits and vegetables. They taught them how to harvest and how to sell what they produced. But something lacked: people here weren't used to ninjas and they didn't know how that thing worked so the Uchiha family opened an Academy just like in Konoha. There were a lot of bright people and the first generation graduated last year. They even held the Chunin exams. Sure, they didn't have yet jounins, but Sakura and Itachi took care of the bigger problems until then.

Soon after the progress, the people chose him as their leader. He wasn't so big as the Hokage, but it was enough to make the village progress. Everyone was thankful for their patience and sacrifice. Now, the village was pretty wealthy and there weren't poor or homeless people anymore.

"Pa... pa... Papa." the little two years old Uchiha boy tried to gain his father's attention while he rested in his sister's arms. The little child extended his arms towards his father. Itachi giggled and took his son into his arms.

His big, green eyes stared into his father's, full of fascination. His little hand reached Itachi's cheek, caressing it. Sakura giggled.

"Sarada, did you see that only papa is getting attention from him lately?" Sakura pouted toward her husband like a toddler.

"Yeah, not fair!"

Itachi giggled while ruffling Sarada's hair and tucking a strand of pink hair behind Sakura's ear.

"Are you jealous at your own son, Sa-ku-ra?"

Her face turned red like a tomato.

"N-no..." she stuttered embarassed.

"Don't worry, I can give you plenty of attention tonight." he winked at her, making her face turn even redder.

"Ew." Sarada commented. "I think I'll stay at one of my friends tonight."

The couple started laughing.

"Oh, it's starting."

The colourful fireworks could be seen on the black sky, reflecting their lights on the lake. Everybody cheered for the beginning of the festival.

Itachi turned to Sakura with a big grin on his face.

"Hn, remember the day we met?" she nodded "I thought you were the most beautiful creature that I've even seen, yet I never pictured a future with you. I am so happy that once in my life I was wrong. You saved me in so many ways and you gave me the most precious gifts. I could never thank you enough."

Sakura's eyes were full of tears at his little confession. Sure, he often told her these kind of things, but bringing back the past had a huge effect on her. His face softened.

"I love you, Sakura."

"I love you too, 'tachi."

He grabbed her chin, pulling her into a deep kiss which they felt even with their hearts. The little boy from Itachi's arms started to giggle, seeing his parents interacting in such a gentle way.

The end.