Chapter 16

"We fell in love, despite our differences, and once we did, something rare and beautiful was created. For me, love like that has only happened once, and that's why every minute we spent together has been seared in my memory. I'll never forget a single moment of it." - Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

"So, do you have any plans for tonight?" Itachi asked Sakura while he decided to cook her some pancakes with strawberries. She leaned on the table, watching her beautiful husband in his white apron and black attire. She thought the he looked so sexy in that way.

"No." she answered absently while checking him out. Her eyes stopped at the curve of his ass. He turned his head towards her.

"Are you looking at my ass?" he narrowed his eyes.

"Maybe." she chuckled, going behind him and hugging him. She burried her face in his back, inhaling his scent.

"I don't ever want you to go." she mumbled.

His eyes widened in shock. His hand caressed hers.

"What makes you think that I would?" he asked her with a lump in his throat.

"I don't know... Everytime when I'm too happy, something bad happens and destroys my happiness. This time... I don't know what I would do without you."  his lips started to tremble at her words.

He turned to face her, taking her face in his hands.

"If I would ever go, remember that no matter what, I will be in your heart. And you will be in mine. This is how we'll always be with each other even separated." he took her hand and put in on his heart. "There is nothing in this world that would convince me to give up your love. Or try to change that thing. Even if circumstances will make it seem like that." his eyes were full of sorrow. "Just remember that no matter what, I will always love you."

Her eyes became teary. "Itachi..." she whispered before he pulled her into a passional kiss. They pulled apart and he put his forehead on hers, closing his eyes.

"So sweet..." he whispered.

***

They finished their food and Itachi got up to wash the dishes.

"I think you should visit Ino tonight and spend some time with her. You won't get the chance after she gets married to Sai." he said, washing a plate.

"You know, you're right. She was so into him lately that we barely talked." Sakura looked at the table, frowning. "I should go, we have a lot to talk about. She even told me that one day I should give her wedding advice since she liked ours so much." Itachi chuckled.

"Such a beautiful wedding where the weds disappeared to have sex." he joked, making Sakura's face turn red.

She got up from the cushion and went to give him a kiss on the cheek but he pulled her to his chest, hugging her tight and caressing her hair. He kissed her forehead, closing his eyes tight.

"Take care." he whispered.

They pulled apart and kissed each other for what seemed like eternity. Their lips already turned purple.

"I love you!" he told her before she was out of the door.

"I love you too!" she shouted back.

His smile turned into a sad one. He threw the apron on the counter and went to the dresser from their room. There was his ANBU uniform. He inhaled sharply.

"Alright. Let's do this."

***

Sakura and Ino where talking nonsense for an hour now. Ino was so happy that her best friend decided to sleep over like in the old times when she visited her in Konoha.