Chapter 23 - Filler

"Carefully..." Sasuke took Sakura's hand, helping her to get out of bed. Her feet touched the cold wooden floor. Her belly was so big that she could barely move. Sasuke feared that he won't be here when the baby will arrive to take her to the hospital so he took a break from training and his missions. All that mattered were Sakura and the little Uchiha. He gritted his teeth, realizing that the baby will have the cursed blood of that criminal. What would Sakura tell them when they will observe that their father is missing? Was worth telling the truth or it was too harsh to handle? Imagine being a toddler and your mother telling you that you share the same blood with one of the most dangerous criminals. A criminal that you will have to face eventually in your missions and you wouldn't know if you should call him father, ask questions, curse him or just kill him. This child won't have an easy life and neither will Sakura. But he was glad that she didn't chose to abort. This innocent baby was the key for her to regain her mental health and bring back the light in her life.

In the past months she barely talked. Tsunade and Shizune were on her side, trying to offer help but it was with no use. She cried everyday and became scared at the smallest sound. One time, when Sasuke was training in the backyard, she saw him with his Sharingan activated and screamed in fear, falling on the ground. That action scared Sasuke considering that she was in the seventh month. But he figured... She was traumatized by the Sharingan. She started rocking again, mumbling indescifrable things and pulling her hair. It took Sasuke two hours to calm her down. He couldn't blame her, if he would have witnessed such a massacre, he would have been in the same situation. As alpha as he may seem...

He chose to sleep near her and wake her up everytime she had a nightmare. Every night her body trembled and woke up crying. He had bags under his eyes, but he had to be by her side.

She put a hand on her belly, smiling softly. She felt the child moving inside her.

"Sasuke-kun."

She took his hand hesitantly and put it on her belly, letting him feel his niece's movement. He giggled.

"I bet she's impatient to meet you." he spoke softly. These were the only moments when she smiled, when her child kicked her belly, no matter how hard it hurt. She felt that her daughter was healthy and alive and this is what mattered the most.

"I thought about a name..." she said, looking into his eyes. "Sarada. The sa is from Sasuke, ra from Sakura and da..." her face held sorrow. She bit her lower lip to stop her tears. "It's the converted form of ta from Itachi."she looked at the ground.

"Are you sure that this is a good idea?" It's the first time when she talked about him without going insane. The pinkette nodded.

"I want her to have something from her father too, even though she will never meet him." her tears blured her vision. Sasuke pulled her into a tight hug. She sobed loudly.

In the past months he took care of getting rid to Itachi's things. Even all the photos from the wedding. The compond was wiped out so they both chose to move in a rather large house. Sakura never gave up on wearing the Uchiha crest. She said that it would be empowering for her future child and make her feel like she belongs to this clan. She should wear the Uchiha title proudly, no matter who her father was. At least in her grandparents memory who were such gentle creatures and would have loved her from the first breath.

** Four years later **

"Hey, mom?" the little black haired Uchiha came into the living room while her mother was folding some clothes.

She put the clothes aside and smiled gently at her beloved child. She got up from the couch to be on the same level as her.

"Yes, Sarada?"

"Will my father come back?" the little girl avoided her mother's gaze, moving it on the ground. Sakura's smile faded, being replaced by a hurt expression.

"I don't think so." she said her voice cracking. Sarada had tears in her eyes.

"Why? I just want a father too."

Sakura felt her chest clentching at her words. She couldn't describe the huge pain that she felt. But if she could, she would take her daughter's pain too, only to see her smile.

"He did... Bad things." was all she could say. How could she explain to a child the real reason? It was too much. Sakura herself barely got over the shock and all of these thank's to Sarada.

"Yesterday the kids went at the park with their dads..." she cried. "And Inojin's father wanted me to go with them but I don't want to be the only one without a papa." the tears soaked her face.

Sakura's fingers lifted into the air and poked her daughter's forehead. "I will come with you next time. Okay?" the pinkette tried to smile.

The Uchiha princess caressed the spot from her big forehead, not understanding what it meant.

Sakura pulled Sarada into a tight hug, trying to fill the empty place from her heart. She burried her face into her black hair.

________________________________

I just got an idea of a new fanfiction (again). I won't start it until I finish at least two or three fanfictions but it's about Sakura being the Hokage's assistant. That being said, make your choice between KakaSaku and NaruSaku. I honestly, can't decide. I like both too much.