Chapter 11

"I held her close for only a short time, but after she was gone, I'd see her smile on the face of a perfect stranger and I knew she would be there with me all the rest of my days." - Brian Andreas

Itachi was woken by the warm sun rays and the birds singing outside. He lazily opened his eyes and looked at his side making sure that what happened last night wasn't a dream. He saw a naked back facing him and the strands of pink hair spreaded on the white pillow. She still slept pacefully despite the fact that today was the end of everything. His eyes softened.

He needed to go to the Hokage and announce that he will be gone for awhile after the wedding, so he got out of the bed, throwing the blanket aside, carefully, not to wake his princess up. He went to her side of the bed and bent down, looking at her peaceful and carefree face. His fingers caressed her cheek, tucking behind her ear a strand of hair. He gave her a quick peck on the lips.

"I love you!" he whispered, fighting back his tears.

He got up and dressed in his clothes from last evening, trying to make his long hair look decent. He will take a shower after he comes back, right before he will dress properly for the wedding.

He got out of the room, leaving the door cracked, without knowing. He went to the kitchen and poured himself a glass of sake. He didn't drink, usually, but right now, he had to drown his pain somehow. It looks like everyone was asleep anyway.

Sasuke got out of his room, yawning. He entered the hallway and walked past his older's brother room when he noticed inside, on the bed a bare feminine back and some bubble gum hair. His eyes widened in shock. He opened the door wider, and saw a torn dress thrown carelessy on the floor along with a bra and some panties. In the room was still present the smell of sex. He closed the door, slowly, trying to erase the image from his mind. He didn't love her, it wasn't such a big deal. He could also see how his brother looked at her, there was no doubt. That spark that he had in his eyes whenever she walked by... He was in love with Sakura. It was expected. They were so much alike.

He walked into the kitchen, finding Itachi drinking.

"Itachi, we need to talk." he told his older brother in his stern voice, gaining his attention.

*

Sakura turned with her face to the other side, her hand searching for a certain warm body but the sheets were already cold. Her eyes snapped open, panick taking over her. Oh, no. Today was the day. Her nightmare. She bit her lip, trying to surpress her cry. She wanted to shout and punch things. She wanted to run away from everything.

She got up in her bum, a terrible pain shot through her lower part. She gritted her teeth. It was worth it, last night was the most amazing thing in her life. She threw the blanket aside and got out of the bed, trying to keep herself on her feet, even though her legs were trembling. She bit her lower lip, smiling softly and caressing her naked belly.

"Please..." she whispered.

She got into Itachi's bathroom and turned on the shower, getting under the warm water which relaxed her muscles and made her forget about the upsetting day that is here. Her fingers traced lines in the same places where his hands were. She closed her eyes, throwing her head back. She cupped her breats, her wet fingers going down on her abdomen.

"Sakura?" her mother's voice snapped her from her fantasy. She could hear her voice somewhere far, perhaps in front of her room. She gulped.

She started washing her body really fast, turned the shower off, and wrapped herself in a white towel. It was too short for her liking. She got out of his room, running towards hers, almost slipping. She bumped into her mother in the hallway who eyes her from head to toes.

"Where have you been?" she asked skeptically. She scatched the back of her head, embarassed.

"Ehe, the bathroom from the hallway was busy. Itachi let me take a shower in his." she made up a lie, hoping that she will believe her. Her mother just nodded.

"Hurry, the Uchiha girl are here with the dress and they came to make you pretty."

Sakura bowed formally in front of her mother and went to her room. She opened the door, finding inside the Uchiha girls.

They dragged her in front of the mirror and put her to sit on a chair. They started with her hair.

"You are so lucky for marrying someone like Sasuke. He is my crush since I was 5, I hoped I will marry him." a black haired girl said, pouting. Another one, smacked her.

"Don't say that in front of miss Haruno, baka." she warned her.

Sakura started playing with her fingers.

"You can have him." she whispered to herself.

"I wonder if Itachi is still single." the Uchiha girl who sat on the edge of the bed said dreamly. Sakura's head snapped in her direction, shooting daggers.

"He's leaving." Sakura said in her cold tone.

"What?" the girls asked in unison.

"He's leaving for a long trip." she answered bluntly. Their expressions turned sad.

After her hair and make up were done, they halped her dress in her white, beautiful dress. Her mother opened the door, gasping.

"My daughter is so beautiful." she said with her eyes wide open and a hand on her heart. Sakura's eyes were teary. She could cry now how much she wanted and they will think that it's because of happiness when in reality, it is of pain. The girls went out, leaving the two of them alone.

Her mother was standing behind her, watching her daughter in the mirror. She put her hands on her shoulders.

"We are so proud of you."

Tears started flowing on her face. Thank's Kami that the make up was waterproof.

"Now don't cry. We will come and visit as much as we can." she tried to calm the pinkette down.

Sakura bit her lip, nodding. Oh, if she only knew...

"It's time..." her mother announced.

Her mother wore a pink yukata as Mikoto. They both walked her in front of the double white doors that led to an empty room with two cushions in front of a huge window. Outside, were some Cherry Blossom trees. They both opened the doors for her and she gathered all her confidence, while walking in. She breathed.

They closed the doors behind her, leaving her alone. She sat on the right cushion, waiting for her future husband while watching the beautiful pink petals. They were falling... Just like her freedom of choice, hope, future, everything. She was destined to marry a man that she did not love in order to fulfill her duty as the heiress of the Haruno clan. Her heart was aching and she felt terrible. The only thing that she hoped for was to be already pregnant. At least a piece if happiness inside her womb, a piece of the man she loves to the moon and back.

She heard the doors open and tried not to cry. He was here. She didn't dare to turn her head. She tried to put on a convincing fake smile as she felt him sitting beside her. Her head turned towards him.

"Sasu-"