Chapter 11: Cybonic Plague (Part 1)

2 months later (at the base):

"Oh come on. You ain't got no skill Jackie," said Amara while playing Cybertronian basketball with Wheeljack, Shot Blaster, Bulkhead, Smokescreen and Bumblebee. "Oh yeah? Psych," said Wheeljack and he stole the ball and passed it to Bulkhead. "Try and get it from me," said Bulkhead. He was about to dunk it 'till all of a sudden Smokescreen blocked his shot, passed it to Shot Blaster and he made the winning shot. "Yes. Woohoo," said Amara. "We won," said Smokescreen and he, Amara and Shot Blaster high five each other. "We'll get you guys next time," said Bulkhead. "We'll see about that," said Amara. "Great game you guys," said Arcee. They all smiled and Miko said to Amara,"Your first dunk though over Bulk was Awesome." "Haha. Thanks Miko," said Amara. "Where are your Dad and Ratchet at?" asked Jack. "They went to go investigate an autobot ship that crash landed years ago," said Amara. "Oh cool," said Raf. "What do you think they're going to find there?" said Jack. "Ooh. Ooh. Maybe they'll find some really cool and awesome stuff or maybe even a zombie con," said Miko. "Oh I don't think that they'll like seeing that Miko," said Bulkhead. "He's right about that Miko. Zombie cons are definitely some things that we should all keep our eyes and optics off of," said Amara. "We see one, we will most likely be scrap. So they probably won't see one at all," said Shot Blaster. "Ratchet to base, bridge us back immediately." "Will do Ratchet," said Bulkhead and he activated the ground bridge. "They probably ran into a zombie con and are running for their lives right now," said Miko. All of the autobots and humans waited at the entry way of the ground bridge and Amara gasped in horror when she saw the most horrible thing ever. Her father Optimus was ill. Very ill. Ratchet laid Optimus down on the med bay and Amara rushed to her father's side and knelt down beside him and held his servo. "Dad," said Amara and tears started to flow from her optics. Optimus groaned weakly and looked at his daughter. The look on his face just pained Amara when she saw him like that. "Amara," said Optimus weakly. "Shhhh. It's ok Daddy. I'm here. I'm here," said a tearful Amara. Then she looked up at Ratchet and asked him,"Ratchet, what happened to him?" Ratchet sighed and said,"Your father's been infected by this virus called Cybonic Plague which is a very contagious disease to all transformers." "What about the decepticons?"asked Amara. "Megatron and the decepticons are pretty much use to the virus. But not autobots. Actually, the virus was created by Megatron himself," said Ratchet. The cybonic plague was a very contagious disease and killed millions of transformers during the war on Cybertron. Amara asked Ratchet,"Do you have a cure for Dad?" Unfortunately, there was no cure for the disease. "I'm sorry Amara. I wish we did have a cure for him right now. However, we don't," said Ratchet as he bowed his helm in grief Amara looked at the sleeping Optimus and just cried her optics out. "However, if there is a cure, Megatron would be the only one that would know it. However, one of us would have to try to find out what the cure is from him," said Ratchet. "Veep beep boop veep," said Bumblebee. "He said that he'll do it," said Raf. Amara smiled at Bumblebee and said,"Thank you Bumblebee." Bumblebee nodded his head in return and he, Arcee and Smokescreen took off to find the cure for Optimus. Amara then quickly turned her attention back to her sick father and held his servo again and began to pray that there would be a cure for him. "Primus, please let there be a cure for my father. Please," said Amara. Shot Blaster laid his servo on her shoulder and she looked up at him. "I'm so sorry," said Shot Blaster. Amara smiled weakly at him and said,"It's alright. Thanks." He smiled at her in return and then she heard Optimus groan again and he looked up at his daughter. "Amara. My sweet spark, what's....going on?" Optimus asked Amara. "Shhh. It's ok Daddy. Just rest Daddy. It'll be ok. I pr-promise," said Amara as tears continued to flow from her optics. Then Optimus closed his optics and drifted off into a recharge while Amara was holding his hand and rubbing his arm. Then she looked up at the sky and said,"Oh Primus, please let him survive this. Please." Then she looked at the sleeping Optimus and planted a kiss on his helm whispered,"I love you Daddy. Be strong Daddy. I...love you." Then she laid her helm on her father's chassis and felt it rise and fall slowly and she listened to the sound of his sparkbeat. It was still beating but it was very faint. "Please Primus. Please," Amara whispered and then she closed her optics and fell asleep.

Part 2 of "Cybonic Plague" will be in the works very soon. 😊😊😊😊