Chapter 17: Finding Ratchet/Saving Optimus Prime

At base:

"This WAS the place. Now it is destroyed," said Megatron. "And the autobots are no more," said Starscream and he snickered evilly. "That's correct Starscream. Now with them out of the way, it is now time for the reign of Megatron. Decepticons, prepare to takeover the world," said Megatron and he laughed evilly and they all transformed and flew back to Dark Mount, NV. After they left, Amara appeared and she was complete shocked when she saw it completely destroyed. "Oh no. Dad. Dad. Dad, where are you? Dad," said Amara as she searched for her father Optimus Prime. Then, she saw a hand and an arm that looked familiar. "No," said a distraught Amara and she ran towards her father. He let out a weak groan and opened his optics for a quick second and then lost consciousness. Amara activated the phase shifter that Smokescreen gave to her and she said,"Hold on Dad. I'm getting you out of here." She went through the wreckage and pulled Optimus out of there and she dragged him through a wall that took them to a deep, dark cave that was behind a waterfall. She laid her gravely injured father Optimus down on the ground and knelt down beside him. "Oh Dad. I'm so sorry," said Amara as tears flowed from her optics. Optimus groaned in pain and looked at his daughter. "Amara," he said softly. "Oh Dad," said Amara and she gently gave her father a hug. Optimus winced in pain and said,"You....came back." "I couldn't leave you Dad. I...I just couldn't," said Amara. Optimus lifted up his right hand and placed it on Amara's cheek and she held onto it and he gave her a sweet but weak smile and she gave him a sad smile. "I love you sweet spark," said Optimus softly. "I love you too Daddy," said Amara as tears continued to flow from her optics. Then she leaned in to her father and rested her helm against his. Optimus planted a kiss on her forehelm and so did she. Then she looked at her father's body and said,"You're badly injured. I'm going to find Ratchet and bring him here. Hopefully I'll be able to find him." "No," said Optimus and Amara looked at her father. "No hope," he said weakly. "What do you mean Dad? Ratchet's the only who can get you patched up," said Amara. Optimus didn't say anything. He lost consciousness again. The only response that Amara got from Optimus was his labored breathing. "I need to at least try to contact him," Amara said to herself. "Amara to Ratchet, do you read?" said Amara through her comm. Nothing. "Amara to Ratchet, do you read?" Amara said again. "This is Ratchet Amara. Go ahead. What's your status?" Ratchet asked her. "I'm here in a cave that's behind a waterfall with Dad," said Amara.

Abandoned Junkyard:

"How are you two? What are your life statuses right now?" asked Ratchet. "For me, I'm alive. But for Dad, he's.....alive...but not for much longer. He's gravely injured from the blast," said Amara. Ratchet's optics widened when he heard those words come out of her mouth about his old friend's critical condition. "I'm on my way," said Ratchet. "No, it's ok. I'll come and get you," said Amara. "How? We're miles apart from each other," said Ratchet. "I have the phase shifter with me. I'll be there in like a few seconds," said Amara. "Ten four," said Ratchet.

At the cave:

Amara looked at Optimus who was still unconscious and she rubbed his arm and his helm for a few minutes to keep him calm and at ease. Seeing Optimus in the horrible state that he was in made Amara cry. Then she looked at her injured father. Even though Optimus was in pain, he showed no signs of discomfort and distress. She would watch Optimus's chassis slowly rise and fall every time he took a breath. She was relieved to know that he was still online but she knew that he wouldn't be for much longer if he didn't get medical treatment immediately. "I have to find him. I have to find Ratchet," Amara whispered to herself. Then she got up and looked at the unconscious Optimus and said,"I'll be back Dad. I'll be back with Ratchet," and she walked through one of the cave walls.

Abandoned Junkyard:

Amara appeared through a wall near the abandoned junkyard and started searching for her "grandpa" Ratchet. "Ratchet? Ratchet? Ratchet," said Amara. "Amara," said a familiar voice. She looked up to see Ratchet walking towards her and he gave her a big hug. "Oh Amara. Thank Primus you're alright. Where's your father?" asked Ratchet. "Follow me," said Amara and she activated the phase shifter. "He's badly hurt. He's very close to dying," she said to Ratchet. "Then we got no time to lose," said Ratchet and then he grabbed his medical kit and bags of energon that he found on earth. "Let's go," said Ratchet and then they walked through the wall and made it back to the cave.

The cave:

Optimus was still in a deep recharge when Amara and Ratchet arrived and Ratchet was devastated when he saw the condition that his dear friend and leader was in. "Optimus," whispered Ratchet and Optimus groaned in pain and looked at their medical officer. "Ratchet," said Optimus with a bit of a strain in his voice. Ratchet scanned his body and shook his head. "Your father is severely damaged and is dangerously low on energon," said Ratchet and Amara looked at her father and then back at him. "Can you patch him up again Ratchet?" asked a worried Amara. Ratchet sighed and said,"I can try. Let's just pray that he'll survive." Then he began to operate on Optimus. However, he had to put Optimus out so that he wouldn't feel anymore pain. Amara knelt down beside her father and held his hand while Ratchet was operating on him. It took hours to patch up Optimus but Ratchet was finally done operating on him and now all they had to do was wait and see what'll happen next. Optimus was still out. He did not groan or reopened his optics and Amara began to worry that this would be the last time that she would see her loving father here on earth. Ratchet placed a hand on her shoulder and said,"I'm sorry Amara." Amara looked at Ratchet for a quick second and then looked at the unresponsive and motionless Optimus. She laid her head on her father's chest and bawled her optics out. Then she and Ratchet heard a groan and saw Optimus open his optics. He gasped softly and looked at both of his daughter and medical officer, smiled weakly and said,"Ratchet. Amara." "Oh Dad. You're alive," said Amara and she gently put her head against his and they both rubbed them against each other lovingly. "Ratchet, you did it. Thank you," said Amara. "You're welcome Amara," said Ratchet and he gave her a hug. Then he left her and Optimus for a bit so they can have some time alone. "Amara, what you did was very risky but brave at the same time. You came back for me and saved my life. I'm very proud of you sweet spark and I love you so much," said Optimus softly. "You're welcome Dad. And I love you too," said Amara and they rubbed their heads against each other lovingly one last time. Optimus tried to sit up but pain shot up in his body and he went back down. "Shhhh. Easy Dad. You're still a bit weak from your injuries and you lost a lot of energon. Just rest ok Dad?" said Amara. "Ok sweet spark. I will," said Optimus and he let his daughter lay down next to him and she gently laid her helm and left servo on his chassis and fell asleep. Then Optimus kissed her forehelm and also fell into a deep recharge.

Yaaaaaaay! Optimus is going to be alright. Chapter 18 will be in the works soon. Have a blessed day. 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊