Chapter 21: She's Gone

At Base:

"Optimus, I have found a lot of abandoned energon mines that are still here in Jasper. There may be enough energon for us to keep in storage," said Ratchet. "Then we must find them before the decepticons do. We'll split up into pairs and investigate each mine. Bulkhead, you'll be with Wheeljack, Arcee, with Smokescreen, Bumblebee, with Ratchet, Ultra Magnus, with me and Athena, with Amara," said Optimus. "Activating ground bridge," said Raf and then the team went their separate ways to find the energon.

The cave near the plains:

Amara and Athena arrived at an abandoned energon mine that was near the plains and decided to check to see if there was any energon there. However, there was one little problem. The cave entrance was too small for them to walk through. "Oh well. I guess we can't go and get it. Let's go," said Athena but then Amara grabbed her shoulder and gave her a very serious and determined look. "We are not going to give up sis. We must figure out a way to get in there," said Amara. Then she had an idea. She transformed into her vehicle mode and Athena smiled and said,"Great idea sis," and transformed into her vehicle mode and they both drove off into the cave. They kept driving and driving until they saw the decepticons with the energon and backed away to hide from them and transformed into their regular modes. "Ok, now what? How are we going to get all of that energon from their filthy hands?" asked Athena. "The only way we know how," said Amara and she switched her hands to her guns and so did Athena. "Decepticons, stay away from the energon or be destroyed," said Amara and the decepticons drew out their guns and started to fire at the femmes. Amara and Athena fired at the decepticons and killed them all and grabbed all of the energon and ran out of the cave. "Hoo. That was pretty intense," said Athena. "It sure was. Man, look at all this sweet fuel that we got right here," said Amara. "Oh yeah. We're going to be good for the next few months," said Athena. "Let's get these back to base. Amara to Raf, we've collected all the energon and are ready to head back to base," said Amara. "Ten four Amara. Activating ground bridge," said Raf and the ground bridge appeared and both Amara and Athena walked through it and made it back to base.

Back to base:

"Wow. Look at all of that deliciousness you guys got there," said Miko. "I know. I told Amara that we might be good for the next few months," said Athena. "That's awesome you guys," said Jack. "Also, you guys are the first ones that made it back to base," said Raf. "So, anything from Dad or the others?" asked Amara. "Nothing yet. They're still looking. Hopefully we'll hear back from them soon," said Agent Fowler and then the emergency alarm went off. "What in the name of Uncle Sam is going on now?" said Agent Fowler and Amara went to go check on their screen and gasped in horror. "It's Megatron and the decepticons. They have found the location of our base. Athena, get ready to fight," said Amara. "Let's roll," said Athena and they both made their way out and saw Megatron standing before them. "Well, well, well. If it isn't Amara and Athena the two daughters of my enemy. My goodness Athena, you look a lot better now," said Megatron. Both of the femmes snarled and Athena asked him,"What do you want Megatron?" "Easy. What I want is standing right next to you," said Megatron and both Amara and Athena switched their hands into their guns and swords and the other decepticons joined their leader and charged towards them and they started to fight each other. "We need backup. Amara to Dad and all autobots, Athena and I are back at base being attacked by the decepticons. We need immediate backup," said Amara.

To Optimus:

"Hold on Amara. We're on our way. Autobots, abandon the mission. Amara and Athena need our help," said Optimus.

Back to base:

Amara and Athena continued to fight the decepticons and killed most of them. Athena kept on firing but then her gun got jammed so she used her sword to kill the enemies. "Amara, hold off the other decepticons. I'll handle Bad Boy here," said Athena and she ran off to take care of Megatron. "Athena, no. Do not engage," said Amara but she didn't listen and jumped on Megatron. Megatron grabbed Athena and flipped her over and tried to stab her with his sword. She blocked his blow with her sword but he slashed her arm open with his sword and she screamed in pain and grabbed her arm. Then Megatron picked her up and threw her high in the air and she landed on the ground and didn't move it all. "ATHENA!" Amara yelled and anger ran through her body. Then she looked up to see Starscream and the flying decepticons destroy what she thought was the base. "NO!" Then she saw Agent Fowler and the kids looking at her and Fowler gave her a thumbs up and Amara sighed in relief. Then she got hit in the head by Breakdown and was knocked out unconscious. Then he looked at Shot Blaster and Shot Blaster picked her up and carried her on his shoulder. "Let's move," said Megatron and they got on the decepticon warship and took off. Athena woke up, shook her head and then put her hand on it. "Ah. My head," she said and she looked at her arm. It wasn't a serious wound but it still needed to get patched up. Then she got up and turned on her com link. "Athena to Amara, come in." Nothing. "Sis, do you read?" Nothing. Then fear ran through her body and she said,"Oh no. No." Then Optimus and the other autobots appeared and transformed into their regular modes. "Athena, what happened?" asked Optimus. "Are you alright?" asked Arcee. "I'm ok. My arm hurts a little," said Athena. "Let's have a look at that," said Ratchet and he examined the wound and then patched it up. "What happened?" asked Bulkhead. "Megatron and the decepticons invaded the army facility. Megatron knocked me out and everything went black," said Athena. "And Amara?" asked Optimus. Athena started to cry and she said,"I'm sorry Dad but......she's gone." Optimus had a look of horror on his face and then the humans came out. "They took her Prime. Shot Blaster was there with the cons. He's one of them Prime," said Agent Fowler. "And I've got the evidence to prove it," said Miko and she showed all of the autobots a picture of Shot Blaster as a decepticon. Anger rushed through Optimus's body. How could someone that the autobots thought that they could trust be such a liar? "Autobots, we're going to find Amara. Be prepared to fight the decepticons. They must be stopped no matter the cost. Let's move," said Optimus. Ratchet activated the ground bridge and Optimus, Athena and the other autobots prepared themselves for battle. "Be safe out there everyone," said Fowler. "Will do. Autobots, roll out," said Optimus and they made their way to rescue Amara. "We're coming sweet spark," said Optimus.

Story is coming to an end very soon. Stay tuned for Chapter 22.