(21) Dance With Me

You quickly turned around -the sweat making your hair stick to your skin uncomfortably- only to see Hobi's hand grasping your wrists gently.

He looks at you in concern after taking in your distraught appearance and his brows furrows in confusion.

"...Y/N-ah/ya...괜찮아?... (Are you okay?...)" he asks quietly and automatically you shake your head.

You open your mouth to explain the situation but when you recall Namjoon and Yoongi's betrayal, you knew that the possibility of the other members being involved was extremely high.

You stiffen in his grip imperceptibly but that didn't go unnoticed in Hobi's careful appraisal.

"Y/N? Seriously what's going on I-"

You snatch your hands away immediately before he could continue and you shoot him a glare that could freeze even hell.

His breath hitches in shock at your sudden shift in mood but you ignore it while slowly backing up. "Don't act like you don't know Hoseok...the games over, I know everything now so you don't need to pretend to give a shit..." you mutter acidly, ignoring the painful pang in your heart when you see the flash of hurt that briefly crosses his face.

That was the first time you called him Hoseok and he hated it.

You took advantage of his temporary state of paralysis and swiftly run off, hoping that you could get away before he made a bigger scene.

He curses in surprise at your quick movement and quickly reached to grab your shoulders but missed only by a couple of centimeters.

"Y/N! Stop!" He shouted in panic at your retreating back and you falter slightly at the raw desperation in his voice.

However you steel your will entirely and run out, ignoring the traitorous tear that passed your cheek.

"Even the scorching sun can burn a person when you least expect it..." you thought solemnly, never even suspecting that someone like Hobi could have been involved in something this deceitful.

You slammed the door behind you and took off on the cemented pavement without looking back.

That is, until someone called out to you from outside the bus.

"...Y/N?..." M asks in incredulity, looking around you in confusion. You stare back at her in disbelief and noticed that she was in her sleeping shorts and a hoodie while clutching her cellphone in her hand.

She chuckled shyly at your scrutiny and pointed to her phone sheepishly. "I was video-calling my mom but the connection sucked inside" she explains and you nod slowly, your eyes fluttering to the opposite direction distractedly.

You didn't know when someone would come for you so you had to get a move on but M finally took in your flustered, ashen appearance and frowned.

"What's going on?...did you tell the guys everything already? I thought you were going to wait till tomorrow?..." she asked in uncertainty and you bite your lips, not wanting to explain when you didn't have the time nor the energy to.

Her eyes land on your bag and her jaw drops in shock "Wait where are you going??" She asked incredulously and you flinch, wishing that you could have avoided confronting anyone on your way out.