(28) Dance With Me

You didn't have any time to process what had happened before you were roughly tossed onto your bed like a sack of flour.

The 7 men scrutinized you with looks that went from unimpressed to dark scowls, making you fidget uncomfortably.

A couple of seconds that felt like infinity passed but everyone was still at a stalemate.

No one made a move to break the silence.

You sat on your bed like a child who had been caught stealing.

You broke your gaze away from them and stared at the ground, still waiting for someone to speak up.

Things hadn't been the way it used to, especially after you had so obviously created a distance between you and them and only now did you feel the full force of that awkwardness.

The silence grew unbearably thick so you cleared your throat; it seems like you would have to take one for the team and explain.

"I-I know it seems like I'm leaving for good but-"

"Shut up" Jungkook snapped with a scowl.

You abruptly stopped trying to apologize and although you were trying hard to avoid eye contact your head shot upwards in disbelief and you even saw the others face him in surprise.

Jungkook rarely snapped at people but today was an exception.

He stalked forward and you blinked, unable to move even if you wanted to.

Finally he stood in front of you while staring down in slight disappointment.

You grew apprehensive but watched silently.

"...are you still going to make excuses for everything?" He muttered sharply and you flinched.

His words hit you straight in the heart but for some unexplainable reason that made you angry.

"I didn't want you guys to make a big deal out of it so that's why I didn't say anything" you argued back, making sure you made your actions clear.

This was exactly what you were trying to avoid; a confrontation.

He shook his head. "Really Y/N? I thought you knew us better than that..." he said with a hint of sadness and you furrowed your brows.

Your heart panned because you knew exactly what he meant but still, you didn't want to admit it...

"What are you still so afraid of?" He asked bluntly and you gritted your teeth but chose not to respond.

Kook's eyes glinted stubbornly and the others could only watch silently at the conversation between the two youngest people in the room.

"You don't understand..." you started off weakly and that's when Kook chuckled dryly.

"...it's not like you're making it any easier for us either Y/N. You need to stop revolving yourself around this self pity or your idea that all of us secretly blame you for what happened." He spat and you scowled.