(32) Epilogue pt 1: Dance With Me

You squinted, eyes creasing when the first rays of warm sunlight hit your face as you walked out of the airport.

Immediately you reached for your sunglasses with one hand, the other resting casually on the luggage sitting by your hips.

Although you appeared calm, the telltale signs of your increased heart rate and sweaty palms made it clear that you were everything but that.

Being alone in a new country was daunting. That, and the lack of sleep was now taking a toll on you and you longed for a soft comfy mattress to pass out on.

You took a subtly shaky breath and surveyed the area around you, searching for the one sign with your name on it.

It had been exactly a week after your confrontation with the guys and those last precious days would never be forgotten. When you got lonely in the big city of New York, you would definitely be comforted by those last couple of days you spent with the 7 misfits.

In the days that the boys weren't rehearsing or practicing, they had taken you to all the places in Seoul that you knew you would miss so much, which included all your favorite restaurants, to those little dessert stores that you adored.

They had even taken you to the sea to watch the sun set, which you definitely thought was the highlight of the week.

Needless to say, they made your last days with them extremely unforgettable as it was tinged with a hint of sadness. The funny thing to you was that the best times you had were actually the days where all of eight of you stayed in and practically did nothing, whether it was in one of your rooms or even just lazing around in the common rooms; everything was truly bliss.

You also were lucky enough to see each and every one of their true personalities shine through in the short time you spent with them on this tour.

Underneath the hyper and all-loving Hoseok was a man who had days where he needed to be alone. You weren't surprised however because you understood the stress that had accumulated from being an idol and how much it time and energy it demanded from him, what more while maintaining his image as the "Hope" of the team.

This Hobi was the same one you would sneak a bar of his favourite chocolates to, together with an understanding pat to the head, right before leaving him to his much needed alone time.

Taehyung was as endearing as he appeared in front of the cameras but what people didn't get to see was just how inquisitive he really was. It was this man who intrinsically understood the conflict you were having within yourself and he had known enough to the point where he didn't push you to say anything, but enough to let you know he was here for you whenever you were ready to share.

He was a man who appreciated the finer things in life and understood without words, when you were in need of a hug.

With a smile that could energize you for days, Tae was one of the best adventure buddies you had whom egged you out of your comfort zone to try new things.

And then there was Jungkook. Sweet, mischievous and with a personality that would give anyone a run for their money. He was unpredictable but that only made him more likable. Kook was one of the most loyal person you were proud to say you personally knew.

When he wasn't vicariously poking your stomach to tease you in his twisted sense of humor, he was picking up your, what you considered difficult, choreographies like a sponge. You were certain he was some sort of genius-bunny hybrid and you truly understood why he was called the Golden Maknae because beneath the computer game-loving child, was a man who looked up to his Hyungs and worked hard.