(30) Dance With Me

Jin panted harshly and grabbed the first bottle of water he saw.

His eyes caught yours as he finished off his drink and then he started walking your way while taking in huge breaths.

The guys were currently preparing for their last set of the night and were now backstage hurriedly getting changed and checking their earpieces one more time before heading back out.

"You're quiet tonight" Jin pointed out casually and you shrugged while shooting him a weak smile.

He studied you for a second before breaking out into a soft smile and reaching over to pat your head. "I know I may not be as good as giving pep talks as Namjoon and Yoongi but I can definitely try cheering you up" he stated and you chuckled while shaking your head.

"That's not true, I haven't forgotten how you've been sneaking me my favorite tea and cookies every night. You and I also both know that ever since you met me your jokes have gotten 100 times better" you joked smugly and Jin scoffed while nudging you with his hips.

You fleetingly gave him a brief side hug, catching him off guard for a moment. "...but don't worry about me. You know I'm just a little bit nervous about tomorrow" you reassured him and his eyes flashed with a hint of concern.

Tomorrow.

You were going to the facility where your ex was being held before was shipped to a more secure prison where he'd be serving his life sentence...

Tomorrow was going to be your final confrontation and your last goodbye so that you could finally get the closure you needed to move on.

After that night where you had freaked out on the guys, you knew that you needed to tie all loose ends but you didn't want to selfishly do it alone anymore, you wanted the boys to be with you when you went.

So after making up your mind, you recorded the dance you had been painstakingly choreographing and the day after, you crossed your fingers while uploading it to the University application portal.

(Jade Chynoweth's part, 0:00-1:19)

You were now waiting for the results that should be coming out soon: more importantly, whether or not you would get a callback for the final interview...

Thus, since that was all out of the way, you were now biding your time until the boy's next concert was over so that the couple days they had in between their next show could be spent accompanying you to the prison.

That day now happened to be tomorrow and you wondered just how had time seemed to slip by so quickly nowadays.

Jin nodded, breaking you out of your stupor and then sighed slightly after hearing his name screamed out by one of the staff.

He shot you an apologetic look and ruffled your hair one last time before turning to the direction where the voice came from. "I'm coming, I'm coming! Aish..."

"We'll talk more about this later" he promised and you nodded with an easygoing grin while shoving him away. "Gotcha ahjussi, now go make your fans proud" you joked but Jin's eyes only twinkled cheekily.